Chapter twenty three | it won't budge

V A L E N T I N E

Early in the morning, about 3 am, I awoke to the blaring sound of the fire alarm. The beeping ring jolted me awake and scared the shit out of me. Is there really a fire or did somebody pull the alarm lever?

I threw the blanket off of my once asleep form and ran toward the door. The room was freezing cold but I was determined to move out of the room and find my friends. I slipped my slippers on my cold feet and tossed my white jacket over my shivering body. I then put my hands on the icy door knob using all my weight to push the metal door open.

No budge.

What the hell?

I tried again. And again. And again but still no budge. No movement what so ever.

"Hello," I screamed banging my hands against the metal with the bell still going off in the background. "Please help me! The door is stuck!"

I knew this place was old and the door looked rusty but it has been working since I got here. Why all of the sudden is it not working?

The only name that came into my head to scream was his name. So I screamed for him.

"Luke! Help me please."

0-0-0-0

L U K E

She was there in my sleep. Her long, dark hair spread out against her pale, naked back. Her head was turned to the side so that I could see her clear, beautiful face. Her grey-blue eyes were closed and her long black eyelashes were brushed against her cheeks.

We weren't in the hospital. We were somewhere different, some place that felt like home, we were laid on a king sized bed with clean white linen that smelled fresh.

"Luke," She said with a raspy voice from sleep. Her eyes fluttered open revealing my favorite color. She smiled and stretched her arms forward with the sheet raising up slightly to her mid back. The white fabric covered her naked lower half leaving her top exposed to my view. With my eyes, I could see the side of her bare breast.

I gulped slightly, afraid that any sudden movement would make the moment end.

RINGGGGGGG~

She touched me with so must gentleness that I forgot to ask what the sound was. Her hands moved from my own bare chest down to my abdomen, and then back up to my shoulders. Her hand gripped them and moved over my own naked body to straddle my hardening lower half.

"V-Valentine," I whispered under my breathe as she leaned down into me, her breasts pressing against me. She brought her mouth to my ear.

All of the sudden, out of her mouth came a faint, "Luke. Please help me." along with the same ringing noise.

"What? Valentine, I'm right here," I said brushing a piece of hair behind her ear. Her body lowered even more, even closer to my lower half.

"Please! Luke!"

I jolted upward in my bed. The covers flying off of me and onto the carpeted floor. My body was covered in a cold sweat. The noise was ten times louder now. The ringing, it wouldn't stop. I looked around the room to find the fire light blinking rapidly, for how long, i'm not quite sure.

I quickly fell out of bed and ran towards the door not caring to put on a shirt. All I had on was my flannel pajama pants that I brought with me when I first came here, and I didn't care in that moment.

"Luke," Valentine's voice screamed with a raspy undertone like she had been doing it for a while.

I opened my door with a harsh yank and looked throughout the hallway for Valentine. The corridor was empty besides a few lingering people rushing out into the courtyard. After examining the room, I couldn't find Val. That is until I heard a loud metal clank followed by a scream of my name.

"Valentine!" I yelled back running toward the sound. The sound was coming for across the hall, Valentine's room.

I reached the door and called her name to see if she was okay.

"Valentine! Talk to me! What's happening?"

She answered almost immediately.

"Luke! Oh god! The door's stuck!"

I moved to open the rusted door. It didn't move. As I was trying for the second time, a lot of black air came into the room from the parlor.

It was smoke and Valentine... well Valentine was trapped.