Chapter thirty | my bully pt.1

L U K E

For a few minutes I sat there, staring as the crimson pool that surrounded Valentine's beautiful face started to increase in liquid. Her body immobile and her skin as cold as snow. As terrible thoughts revolved around my head, my brain still couldn't fathom what had happened.

One minute Valentine was on the floor, eyes closed as blood emerged from her body, and the next she was standing next to me, smiling.

Of course Valentine's lifeless body was spread across the ground but her spirit had rose, standing next to mine. With all this negativity, she finally smiled as she cried.

"I thought-" she couldn't finish her words as warm tears ran down her rosy cheeks. Her still immobile body laid across the dirt floor of her old house. Her grey eyes looked me up and down as her hands ran down my arms. A way, I assumed, of her checking if I was real.

"I'm here," I said taking my arms and wrapping them around her ghost. Strangely enough, my arms wrapped around her form and i could feel her hands intertwine with mine. "I won't ever leave you even in the next life."

The feeling of cloud 9 overtook me. I felt high in Valentine's arms.

"Maybe this is what heaven really is."

With a small chuckle, Valentine snuggled further into my arms. And that's when everything went blank, but I could here whimpers and see a bright light through my closed lids.

"Or maybe hell."

0-0-0

V A L E N T I N E

"I-I'm sorry you had to save me, Luke," 'Talk to him. It's the best way to help him now.' "I did this to you."

The thoughts in my head were not very sane. They reminded me of Twenty Four's crazy sayings that she'd speak at the lunch table while the asylum was still up and running. She would say the craziest shit and then play it of cool like she hadn't said a word. That's what I loved about her. She didn't give a fuck what people said about her. And I hoped she wasn't dead or in a coma like Luke was. She didn't deserve that nor did Luke.

That's where Twenty Four and I are completely opposite. I've always cared about people's opinions. I used to change everything because of my peers toxic words in class but Luke was there to give me a reality check. In year 7 his words stuck to me the most.  

The bus I rode to school was late that morning and it was pouring down rain. I had wore my favorite yellow dress that was sprinkled in sunflowers to school that day without checking the forecast, why would a seventh grader to that?

The bus had finally came but my outfit was ruined. I walked in the bus and sat down in my soaked dress. My braided pigtails drenched and my baby hairs out of control. My white ballet flats were also destroyed by the water of the rain. Everything was in ruins that day and I didn't think anything else would get any worse, but it did.

I am guessing the extra squish to my step had annoyed one of my classmates because before long she pushed me down and called me terrible names. It has been many years since that dreadful day so I cannot quite remember what she had said to make me so upset. All I remember is running out of the school in the pouring rain. A small raindrop spattering a little too hard on my new bruise from the girl, that just so happened to be right next to my dad's pale hand printed on my skin. 

It took me almost an hour to run from the secondary school back to home, but I didn't go in the gloomy house. I stood outside, be mindful it is seven o'clock in the morning, and looked at the door for twenty minutes straight. That is until Luke approached me from behind. 

I got scared, jumped nearly twelve feet in the air, and almost kicked him in the shin. Before I did, the blonde haired, blue eyed, and lanky teenager dodged my tiny foot. He picked me up in his arms and I yelped.

"It's okay! It is just your best friend that's all," Luke's smile caused me to mirror his pearly whites. "What's the matter, Valentine?"

...to be continued...