Chapter Forty Five

"Why do you want to know?" I placed the phone on loudspeaker and sauntered my way to the kitchen to make my tea.

"Because I want to see you."

There were loud noises on Rion's side. More like breeze and cars whooshing by on a highway. "Why?"

"Because we need to talk. And I miss you."

I rolled my eyes

I rolled my eyes. Missed me? Please. "Don't you miss Simone?"

"Oh, come on Maliah... Why you acting like that? You'll make me think you're actually jealous."

Because I am... I filled the mug with some tap water and tucked the tea bag in the cup.

"What's all that noise?" He asked.

"I'm making tea..."

"Can I have some?"

"No."

"So where are you?"

"Didn't I tell you I was by Anya? Why you still asking?"

"Because I want to see you."

"Do you know the time? And if I tell you, how are you getting here? You can't drive like that."

"They never said I couldn't drive. But I'll just take a taxi."

Sigh... I wanted to see him but then I didn't. If Rion came to see me, then that only meant we had to talk about the relationship situation. I wasn't ready for that. Well, at least not yet.

"Helloooo... Are you there?"

"Yes."

"Do you really want me to beg?"

"I have to go finish make my tea. I will float you the address when I'm finished."

"Really?"

"Good bye." I hung up and peered at the phone on the table. What the heck was I doing? I waited until the kettle whistled to steep the tea and then messaged Rion the address.

Six minutes into my sipping marathon, a message came through from Rion saying that he was outside. "Shoot!" I almost flipped off the couch spilling the sweet tea. I laid the cup on the table and rushed into my room to wear something a bit more appropriate. I was clad in a sports bra and a yoga shorts. 

I opened the front door hitting something, "You--" What the heck... Rion was already up the steps and standing directly in front the door. 

"Hi."

"Don't hi me. You're a creep for being in front the door like that."

"You were taking long... You look nice. and smell nice."

I smiled. I had thrown on a red tube top with a white Capri pants. I sprayed perfume, of course, because I hadn't bathe since earlier the morning. We both took a seat on the couch and I resumed sipping my tea.