Chapter Thirty Four

"Yes Ms Flint? You called?"

"Yes dear. Where you? I not seeing your face. Step into the light child. You know I can't see too well."

Conveniently. "I'm right here." I waved.

"Oh yes. I now seeing you. Why don't you come up? I haven't seen or spoken to you in a while."

Ms Flint was perched on the third step from the top. She was wearing her purple silk night gown as if she was on the verge of retiring to bed. 

"Nah... I just came from the beach, I'm all wet and cold." I lied. I was hoping that her bad eyesight was actually bad. Because if it was good, she would've seen that I was actually dry and crisp.

"Oh... Ok well I won't keep you long."

Praises! "What's the matter Ms Flint?"

She took another two steps downwards and I made one step upwards. I didn't want to get too close, but I wanted to hear what she had to say.

"I've been seeing this black car of recent. Is the person coming to you? It's moving so strange."

My eyes widened. Well, I wasn't in much of a shock that nosey Ms Flint would have asked, but I was in shock that she noticed the creepy behaviour also. "No... not to me. I think they were here for Mr Locke."

"No-no." She said quickly. "I called Mr Locke and asked a few days ago. He said he didn't know the car."

"What?" A tiny shred of fear crept over me. So who did they visit then?

"Yes. I asked the others in my apartment and they all didn't know. Every time I go to ask the person in the car, they always drive off. I will call the police."

"Let's not be too hasty Ms Flint. There are other neighbors nearby; it could be any of them." I myself didn't believe my statement. Maybe she should really call the police.

"That is true. Sorry that I don't get along well with them. Or else I would have called to find out."

"Umm hmm." I nodded. I just wanted to retreat to my apartment. There was a chilly, ghoulish air blowing outside.

"Well don't let me let you catch a cold." Ms Flint said after a few seconds of awkward silence.

"Right. Well have a good night."

"You too."

The week was a sore. No Rion, no nothing. For every time I didn't see him on the beach, I got angrier. Why was he avoiding me? Was I so bad? Although Anya tried again to figure out what was going on between Rion and I, I didn't give in. It wasn't the right time. Especially while he was missing in action.

On Saturday Anya carried me to the grocery to gather a few items as always. I decided that going to the beach was a waste of time. Rion could kiss my ass. If I was a problem to him then he was a problem to me. I shouldn't have let him get to me. I shouldn't have let his kiss me. I should have just stayed home and kept to myself.

I went to bed angry at myself yet again. It was always him causing my stress. Well if it wasn't my parents, it was him. Just how I alienated them to get a little fresh air, I was going to do the same with him.

~~~~~~

Thump. Thump... What on earth? I flipped the sheets away from me and sat up on the edge of my bed. I was barely seeing because of the crusty cold in my eyes... There it was again. It was more of a bang, but not loud enough. I shuffled my feet out my bedroom and glanced at the wall clock--8:12a.m.

"Who's there?"

"Me."

"Me who? How the hell am I supposed to open a door for a 'ME'." I snatched my famous frying pan and walked to the door. "Me who?!"