Eight

I pet Gracie as she sat by my leg while I made breakfast then I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Zak.

"Morning."

"Morning." He said and looked over my shoulder at the food I was cooking.

"You are a goddess." I laughed as he eyed the pancakes then I finished and he fed Gracie as I set our breakfast on the table. We sat to eat when my phone rang and I looked to see it was my dad's nurse, Liane, calling me.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered and stopped as she sobbed.

"Evelina, it's your father."
•~•
I ran into the hospital then saw Liane and hugged her, her arms holding me close as the guys ran in.

"Where is he?" I whispered and she sighed.

"307." I ran up the steps then went to the third floor and found his room easily. I went in then saw him laying there but he was awake, which made my heart slow tremendously.

"Dad." I whispered and he smiled at me as I went to him and hugged him.

"I warned you." I said and he laughed as he held me.

"I'm fine-"

"You collapsing is not fine!" I yelled and he stopped as he saw the fire in my eyes.

"I already lost mom and Alec, I'm not losing you too!" I growled and heard the door open again but his eyes showed pure love.

"Lina, I didn't mean-"

"You either take care of yourself better or I'll live with you and force you to!" I growled and turned my head away as a stray tear betrayed me.

"I can't lose you, dad. You're the last of my family, the last person I love unconditionally, I can't lose you too." I whispered and sat next to him on his bed then grabbed his hand and held it, lightly kissing it.

"I can't lose you, daddy." I whispered and he reached his other hand up then made me look at him.

"I'm not going anywhere for a long time." He said and I smiled then nodded.

"You must be her new coworkers." Dad said and I looked at the guys then Zak smiled and nodded.

"Zak Bagans, sir." Dad shook his hand then smirked at me.

"Nasty old man." I said and he laughed, making me relax even more.

"And you four?"

"Nic Geoff, sir."

"I'm Jay Wasley."

"Billy Tolley."

"And I'm Goodwin, Aaron Goodwin." He said like James Bond and I rolled my eyes as Liane came in.

"Your daughter is right, Stephen. You need to listen to me more, that or have her chain you to the bed again." Then his eyes widened and he frantically shook his head.

"Then obey." I said and flicked his nose.

"Abuse!" He said and I smiled then sighed.

"Scare me like this again and I swear, mom will come haunt your ass to make sure you watch your health." I said and he sighed.

"She would." I smiled and brushed his few hairs back then he caught my arm.

"While I'm here, the house is yours. You seem like you need rest." He said and I kissed his forehead then smiled.

"Thanks, dad." I whispered and we stayed for another hour before going home to our quaint little house.

I grabbed the key from behind the loose brick and unlocked the door then put the key back before letting the guys inside

"Neat trick." Nic said and I smiled.

"My brother's idea." I said and dropped my bag on the couch as I looked around the childhood house.

"You never mentioned a brother before." Billy inquired and I nodded.

"He died at eighteen, stupid drunk driver accident in town. My mother got cancer about three years later and died in two, leaving dad and I." I whispered and went to the bookshelf then grabbed the family photo of my family.

"This is them." I said and showed Jay then he passed the photo to the guys when I heard the loud paws.

" I said and showed Jay then he passed the photo to the guys when I heard the loud paws

"Tiny!" I laughed and he ran out then knocked me on my ass, licking my face.

"Get off me, silly!" I laughed and he moved then Aaron helped me up as Tiny's butt wiggled with his tail and he barked up at me.

"I've missed you too!" I said and kissed his head.

"Why is his name Tiny?!" Billy asked and I smiled.

"He was a tiny puppy, not anymore. He's my dog but I couldn't have pets in my old apartment." I said and Tiny barked loudly then I smiled.

"I love you, my big ass baby." I said and he licked my cheek then I laughed and got him a treat.

"Here, fat ass." He jumped onto his hind legs and took the treat then I showed the guys where they could sleep, but with the limited space, Zak and I were sharing yet again.