*Chapter Sixty*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

There's times in life where everything slows down. When you're just floating there, in your own bubble, away from the world. There are times where you're completely lost and have no clue what is happening around you. There are times when reality stops, and you are left only hearing your own thoughts.

Now was not one of those times.

My ears rang loudly, sending waves of sharp pain into my head. You would think you would be stunned by a gun shot, confused, frozen, even in shock.

But one thing I new about my father? He wasn't a good shot.

Although I knew he missed, I couldn't push myself to move out of my position against the wall. Eyes shut tight, arms around my knees, tears streaming down my beaten face.

It could have been hours, minutes, or seconds that had passed before I felt familiar warm arms surround me. Before I heard a deep frantic voice push through the ringing of my ears.

Zack pried my head up but I kept my eyes down. I didn't want to see his face. I didn't want to see the guilt or sadness. I didn't want to see his eyes skimming over the bruises on my face. I didn't want to see what he felt, what he thought. I couldn't.

After a second, I was pulled to his chest. My body shook as I cried, as he whispered into my hair. I heard cops enter and talk to Eric who I guess was with Zack when he came.

From that moment on, everything passed in a blur. After a brief interview with the police, I was taken to the hospital to treat all my injuries, to take pictures and X-rays, to log every scar and broken bone, past and present.

I had passed the crying stage and instead stared ahead with a blank look as I waited in a doctor's office. I had been told the boys had been being interviewed, questioned for all the possible information they could. Anything that might help find my father who had slipped right through their fingers.

It was 4 in the morning by the time I was allowed to change back into my clothes and finally get out of there.

I met Zack with tired eyes as I stepped into the waiting room. he immediately jumped up and wrapped his arms around me. Neither of us said a word as I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight, never wanting to let him go again.

"Come on, lets go." He whispered pulling back and I nodded.

I laid my head on the chilly window as Zack drove is to his house in the dark. The roads were empty, silent. They made my eyes droop, exhaustion almost overpowering me. When we pulled up to the house, I unbuckled and walked in with Zack. I knew all of the boys were in the living room awake but we went straight up to Zacks room.

As soon as my head hit the pillow and Zacks arms wrapped round me, I was out and surprisingly, not a single thought or dream entered my mind as I slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pried my eyes open with a yawn. It took me a second to remember but when I did, my heart dropped. I twisted and looked up at Zack to see him already looking down at me. It surprised me slightly and I think he noticed by his lips twitching up the slightest bit.

"Hey." He whispered looking down at me.

"Hey." I said back softly.

His eye trailed down my face and when I realized what he was looking at, I looked down.