*Chapter Fifty*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"So, we're all still going to prom right?" Sam asked the next day as we all sat eating out lunches at our usual table. The only person missing was Zack who got to the lunch line late.

"What?" I asked in between bites. I haven't heard anything about prom?

"We go every year, got to keep up our duty's. Ya know, like spiking the punch and picking up girls." Cody said and Eric shook his head.

"Zack hasn't asked you yet?" Eric asked with a small smile and I raised my eyebrows at him, fighting my own smile.

"No, I don't believe he has." I said and took another bite of my sandwich.

"Wanna piss him off?" Kyle asked and I looked at him as if telling him to go on.

"I'll ask you to prom right as he comes up the table." I just looked at him with a blank look.

"Are you truly willing to risk your life like that?" Cody asked and Kyle hesitated.

"He wouldn't murder him, but he might severely injure him." Sam said shoving more food into his mouth.

"How about we try and prevent some injury here, just play along." I said nodding my head over to the school doors that Zack had just emerged from.

Once he got about 10 feet away from the table, Kyle started speaking.

"Hey Zoe? I have a question for you." He said and I held in my smile.

"Shoot." I said and took a sip of my water.

"Would you like to go to prom with me?" he asked and I looked up at him with a fake guilty look on my face. I saw Zacks face darken as he got to the table, obviously hearing Kyle's question.

"I'm sorry, I'm already going with somebody." I said and his shoulders slumped.

"Alright, it's cool." Kyle said, his acting on point.

"Who are you going with?" Sammy asked excitedly as Zack rounded the table.

"Yeah, who are you going with Zoe?" Zack said, setting his tray down with more force than necessary and looking to me, not making a move to sit down.

"Well it depends, probably just with Cynthia if you don't grow a pair and ask me already." I said and the rest of the boys busted out laughing. Zack just gave me a blank look before sitting down and going to grab his food but hesitating and looking up to Kyle.

Kyle caught his look right as Zack opened his mouth to say something but was cut off.

"I was just kidding man" Kyle put his hands up in surrender "But if you don't hurry up and ask her, somebody will take your place." he finished with a smirk.

Zack just turned to me with a blank look. I casually looked away, dramatically whistling and glancing around to the large number of people that had chosen to eat outside today.

"Zoe." Zack said and I pursed my lips looking over to him.

"Yes Zack?" I said innocently as I saw the boys snickering out of the corner of my eye.

"Will y-" he started but Cody cut him off.

"Aw come on, that's gotta be the weakest promposal I've ever seen." Cody said and I busted out laughing.

Poor Zack.

I looked over to see Zack getting up with a small smile on his face. I gave him a curious look but he just winked at me and snatched up one of his onion rings before climbing on top of the picnic table.

"Zack no." I hissed tugging on his leg as he stood up tall and cupped his hands around his mouth. The rest of the boys proceeded to start pissing themselves laughing as I whisper yelled at Zack, trying to get him to get down but it was no use.

"Listen up chicks and dicks!" he yelled, making literally every single person that was outside turn to him.

"I swear to god Zack I'm going to kill you." I hissed hitting his leg as my face turned red.

"I would just like to take his opportunity to ask a girl who goes by the name of Zoe Starr to prom!" he yelled and then turned to me, smiling at my beat red face as he got down on one knee, just about smashing my sandwich with his leg. He held out the onion ring and gave me a cheek splitting grin as I put my face in my hands, trying to hide it.

I heard him shift and then he was yelling once again.

"She hasn't answered yet so I think I will start naming off all the stuff I like about her!" he yelled and my head shot up.

"Zack, yes fine, I'll go to prom with you! Get down." I reached up and grabbed his arm, pulling him down from his standing position.

He grinned at me before giving me a wink.

"Perfect, Just tell me what color you're wearing and I'll match my tie. Oh, one more thing." He said before quickly standing up and shooting his hands up into the air.

"She said yes!" he yelled and some people cheered while others just laughed, mainly the group of boys sitting around me. Even Eric was chuckling at us.

Zack popped the onion ring into his mouth before jumping down, shaking the entire table in the process. He slid onto the bench next to me and I put my face in my hands again.

"You're a dickhead." I mumbled into my hands and he tossed his arm around my hunched over form and swayed back and forth.

"A dickhead you just agreed to go to prom with." He sang with a huge grin on his face.

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*

I just wrote the cutest freaking scene so stay tuned for that :)

(Like fr, even I did the little fan girl squeal seizure thing)

XoXo

~awkwardpenguin3