*Chapter Nineteen*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 minutes later and we were all still at it. First, the losers fought (which was Cody and Kyle) and then the winner of that round (which was Cody) fought Sam who finally won, putting Kyle in last place. Then it was the winners of the first rounds turn. It was Zack and I's turn to go up against each other and I knew I was going to lose, but that didn't mean I couldn't get him back and have a little fun with it.

"Ready to lose?" Zack asked me as we stood getting ready to swim out. I just smirked at him as we started to make our way to the platform. Zack got up first and then pulled me up just like Sam had done the first time.

"How do you expect to win if you can't even get up here on your own?" he asked with raised eyebrows and humorous eyes.

"Ready, set, fight!" a voice rung out from the shore.

"I've got a few tricks up my sleeve." I said grinning at him as we circled around the bullseye. Zack lept forwards and tried to grab at my legs but I managed to slip away and push him back.

"Feisty." He smirked at me. He went for my legs again and I knew I wasn't getting out of it this time but I didn't really mind. He picked me up over his shoulder and I squealed.

"I told you you weren't going to win." He said laughing as he sent me sailing through the air and towards the water. I sucked in a deep breath before I plunged under the cold water. As soon as I could, I opened my eyes, swam over, ducked under the platform, and waited. I held my breath as the bubbles cleared and I could hear a muffled voice above me.

A few seconds later, another body plunged into the water and franticly tried to look around. I swam over to him as his head popped above the water again spinning around. I resurfaced behind him and tapped on his shoulder. He spun around and grabbed my shoulders with wide eyes.

He let out a sigh of relief as he realized it was me and wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his head in my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I heard murmurs of his voice that was too hard to make out and felt the movements of his lips at the base of my neck.

"What?" I asked as he pulled away but still left his hands on my shoulders.

"I said you're an asshole." He repeated as I just smiled at him.

"Aw come on, would you really care that much?" I asked tapping his chest with raised eyebrows.

He reached up and flicked my forehead.

"Of course I would care! Why wouldn't I?" he asked exasperated. I did my best to shrug in the water but was just given a blank look by Zack. He lifted his hand and put it on the side of my face and looked into my eyes. His lips parted slightly as his steel eyes studied my light brown ones.

He held my gaze for a long second before slamming my head to the side in the water.

I struggled for a second before bursting above the water's surface gasping for air. I swept my hair from my face and the water from my eyes before finally being able to look over to Zack who was already swimming away backwards while laughing at me. I rolled my eyes and caught up to him so we could both swim back to the shore.

***********************

20 minutes later, we were finally done with the game. Zack ended up losing to Eric after almost a full 5 minutes of struggling. We had all laid our towels out together and sat down in a circle to eat lunch. I had Zack on my right and Eric on my left with Cody, Kyle, and Sammy on the other side of the towels.