*Chapter Thirty Eight*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday finally came around and I was on my way to Zack's. I walked up to the door and knocked.

A few seconds later, I heard shouting and then footsteps running to the door which made my lips turn up. The door flew open and a body instantly engulfed me in a hug.

"Hi Zoe!" I laughed at the blond-haired boy that stepped away from me with a grin.

"Hi Sammy!" I said back just as enthusiastically.

"Hey Zo." Cody said from the door frame.

"Hey." I smiled warmly at him before Cody motioned for us to go inside. We stepped through the door and Cody shut and locked it before we all made our way into the living room where I could hear the other boys. I rounded the corner to see Zack holding Kyle in a head lock. Kyle was trying to twist around and get him off but Zack wouldn't let go.

"What on earth is going on in here?" I asked putting a hand on my hip and they immediately jumped away from each other.

"Oh hey Zoe, we weren't doing anything." Zack said rubbing his neck with a guilty smile. I shook my head at the two before grinning.

"So what are we playing first?"

Everyone's faces broke out in grins before we all leapt into our spots.

"Please just tell me were not playing life." I said and all their eyes widened.

"That game has been banned in this house for two years." Sammy said trying to hide a smile.

"Why...?" I asked skeptically. I honestly probably didn't even want to know.

"Kyle broke Cody's nose and Cody broke his finger." Eric said and Zack shook his head.

"Alrighty then, definitely no life then." I said with wide eyes as Sam reached over to grab a game he had behind him. He pulled it in front of his chest and grinned.

"Let us begin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"God damn it Sammy I'm going to kill you!"

It was several hours later and we were still playing games.

"Sorry!?" Sammy shouted as Eric held Kyle back.

"Don't fucking say sorry to me!"

"Its literally the name of the game Kyle." Cody said making Kyle glare at him.

"Fuck off, he has sent me to home 4 times, 4 mother fucking times!" he shouted as Eric pinned him to the ground. I just watched slightly amused and slightly worried for Sam's life.

"Maybe sorry wasn't the best game choice?" I suggested and Kyle huffed.

"I'm gonna kill him." Kyle said again and I leaned forwards and pulled a card.

"You're not going to kill him, you wanna know why? Sorry Sammy." I said placing my sorry card on the discard pile. Everyone busted out laughing as Sammy just looked at me like I had betrayed him and huffed before moving his piece back to home. Eric let go of Kyle and he sat back up, a little less murderous now.

My phone chimed and I pulled it out to see a text from Julia. I opened it curiously and read her message.

'Hey, can we talk?'

I thought for a second before typing my reply.

'Sure, can I call you in a little bit?' I sent.

'Yeah, sure.' She sent and I shut my phone off and turned my attention back to the boys.

"Ha! Two bitches, I won!" Zack shouted and I smiled at him as the rest of the boys grumbled and complained how it wasn't fair.

"One more game or do you have to go home Kitten?" Zack asked me and I game him a guilty look.

"I think I gave to go." I said.

"Already?" Sammy whined and leaned over to wrap his arms around my waist. I laughed and nodded even though he couldn't see me. He let go and rolled over on his back with a groan.

I hopped up and smoothed my hands over my pants.

"I'll see you guys on Monday or something, okay?" I asked and Zack smiled at me.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" he asked and I shook my head with a smile.

"No it's okay, I have to call somebody on my way back." I said and he nodded before jumping up and walking over to me.

"Okay, just text me when you're inside." He said as we walked to the door. I nodded at him before he pulled it open and I stepped out.

"Bye Zack." I said and he smiled at me, the orange porch light casting shadows down his face.

"Bye Zoe." He said and I gave him one last glance before turning around and starting to make my way home. I heard the door close and pulled my phone out and dialed Julia's number, my stomach feeling slightly heavy.

"Hey." She answered.

"Hey."

"Look, I'm sorry for saying that stuff at the barbeque thing. My mom had been on my ass all morning and I guess I was in a bad mood."

"Uh, I..." I trailed off thinking. I sighed with a frown.

"I'm sorry, I was just upset." She said and I looked up to the dark sky.

"I-It's okay." I said crossing my one arm over my chest to block a cooler breeze that swept by.

"Okay good, I have so much to tell you. Do you want to hangout tomorrow?" She asked and I agreed. We decided for her to come over at about 5 because we both had a few things to do. I finally made it to my door and unlocked it.

"Look, I've got to go but I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I said as I stepped inside.

"Okay, see you then." She said before we both said bye and hung up. I locked the door and kicked my shoes off with a sigh. I felt uneasy but figured it was just unexplained anxiety.

I shot Zack a quick text saying 'Not dead' with a small smile.

I thought about Julia as I climbed up the stairs and walked into my bathroom to get a shower.

Was she really sorry? It's not the first time something like this had happened. I always held on because I had nobody else. I guess I had the boys now but I didn't just want to give up on our friendship. She's a good person, I guess she was just having a bad day like she said.

I shook my head and looked into the mirror, my pair of brown eyes staring back at me.

I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*

This chapter was pretty fun to write but you just wait for the next two ;)

Vote and Comment please! It helps a lot! 

Maybe even give this book a share if you'd like :)

XoXo

~awkwardpenguin3