8

"Hi, I'm early again." I say walking into the restaurant. And to my surprise, Nao was here.

"Nao, what are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Hi Kumi, let's just say I need a little bit of money." She tells me.

"More like a lot." Issei mutter.

"Don't be so rude to me." She says to Issei.

He completely ignores her. "Can you hand these bowls to them?" Issei asks me.

"Sure." I say, taking the bowls from him.

"Thanks."

The rest of the day was a bit tiring. At times she would break a few bowls. Or waist some ramen. And it has been like that for about a few days now.

"What's the real reason for Nao to be working here? And don't lie to me. You probably know, don't you?" I ask Issei.

"You have to promise not to tell my dad, ok?" He asks.

"Fine." I say.

"Ok, Nao broke the bowl I was supposed to deliver the other day. And this is how she has to pay me back, by working here. Don't tell my dad please. He'd kill me if he found out about this." He says grabbing my shoulder.

"I promise, don't worry. But you owe me." I tell him.

"I'll give you free ramen for two weeks."

"Deal." I shake his hand.

Nao and Issei's dad finally come. And we continue to work.

"It such a pleasure seeing your smiling face, Nao." A consumer says as Nao hand then their bowl. People seemed to love her around here.

"Excuse me, could you give me some water please?" Another consumer asks Nao kindly.

"Sure, I'll be there in a second." She answers kindly. How is she able to just continue smiling?

"I'm sprite of everything, she fitting right in." Issei say.

"I know, it's so odd." I say.

"Why don't you take a quick break, Nao." Issei's dad says as he pores a bit of ramen into a bowl.

"Well....I just don't feel right not working. I mean, I broke seven dishes in three days. And I waisted five bowls of ramen." She says tiredly.

"It's no big deal at all." Issei's dad tells her.

Issei turns to him. "Yes, it is a big deal, dad." Issei says. I hit his stomach as his dad glares at him.

"Don't be so rude." I whisper to him. He sticks his tongue out at me.

Minutes later, Marina and Mitsuishi walk in. Nao greets them excitedly. I smile at their friendship.

"That's one crazy outfit." Mitsuishi says to Nao.

"But it oddly suits her." Marina says.

"Well....I hate it but I agree." Nao says. I look at Issei. He gave gives me a small smirk.

"Out of all the things you could've given her, you gave her that ugly thing." I whisper.

"It's payback." He whispers back. I smack his stomach again.

"Actually, we've brought along a special guest." Marina tells her.

"Really." Nao says excitedly.

"We really just ran into him outside."

"Don't say that." Marina says to Mitsuishi.

That's where Daichi enters.

"Daichi." Nao says excitedly. I smile at them.

"Who are they?" Issei asks me.

"Some friends of Nao." I tell him.

"Oh, hi Kumi." Daichi waves to me.

"Hi Daichi." I smiles

"I didn't know you work here."

"I've been worked my here for about a year now. It's pretty great. It's like family here." I say.

The three of them take a seat in front of us and we serve them. And they finish there food very quickly.

"We're done."

"That was delicious." Marina says.

"You've got quite an appetite miss." Issei says as he serves her more water.

"Oh wow! What a nice looking guy!" Marina says.

"That's Issei, the bully." Nao whispers to her.

I laugh lightly. Issei glares at me. "I see." Marina says.

"Call me Icchan. All costumers do." Issei says.

"That was really good, Icchan." Marina said. I smile lightly at myself.

"It's really hard to believe that Nao's working a part time job. She believed in Santa Claus until she was a sixth grader." Daichi smiles. I laugh lightly.

"What? Seriously?" Marina says shocked.

"Every year, my dad dressed up as Santa for Nao's sake. It wasn't easy for me to act like I was happy too." Daichi tells. Nao smiles. But her smile disappears in an instant after what Mitsuishi says. "You sure have a knack for making people fret over you." Hey says.

"Sorry."

"It just shows how happy it made us to see your reaction. She would get all excited over each little present." Daichi smile at her as he tells the story. I couldn't help but smile myself.

"That's right. Ever since I was little, I really looked forward to seeing what Daichi would get me. I liked the prize more then the candy it came with. I liked the picture on the box more then the game inside. He always know exactly what would please me." Nao explains excitedly.

"Nao." Issei falls for her.

"Yes?"

"Quit slacking off. Get going." He tells her.

"Sorry. Enjoy yourselves."

I smack Issei in the stomach again. "Quit doing that." He tells me.

"Only if you stop being so rude." I say.

I look over at Daichi. He continued to admire Nao. It was kinda obvious he liked her. Just by the way he looked at her, you could tell.

"Is that all for you guys?" I ask the three.

"Yeah, that'll be all. I'm really stuffed. The food here is amazing." Daichi said.

Before I can say anything, Issei interrupts me. "Thank you. We work really hard here. Except for Kumi, she lame." He says. I smack his stomach harder harder this time. He grunts and falls to the floor.

"I though I told you to stop being so rude." I say.

"I do what a want." He says. I laugh at him.

"It's time to start going everyone. I hope to see you all again here next time." Issei's dad says.

"Of course." Marina says.

"Nao, can I walk you home." Daichi asks.

"Of course, let me grab my things real quick first." She says.

I finish washing the dishes and grab my thing. "Bye, guys. I'll see you all later." I say as I exit the door. I end up bumping into someone as I turn.

"Oh, sorry Kumi. I was blocking the entrance." Daichi smiles at me.

"It's alright. It's my fault too. I wasn't paying attention. I should get home now. My mom wouldn't want me out any later. But I'll see you soon." I smile at him.

"Bye, Kumi." He waves at me. I wave back at him before I turn around and start heading home.

I enter the house to see it's completely dark. Mom must have gone to bed already. I take a quick shower and then head straight to bed. I guess seeing Daichi made my day a bit better.

______________________________________

Told you I'd update. I hope you liked it. Feel free to comment and vote. I'll update soon. Bye :)