2

I went back home to see my mom eating mochi ice cream and watching a drama on the sofa. "Hi honey, how was school?" She asks.

"It was good." I say, not bringing up the incident with Riku's food.

"Are you working at the shop tonight?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm going to start getting ready. I don't think I'll be back in time. So can you wash my uniform for me please?" I ask her.

"Sure thing, just leave it in the basket in the hallway." She tells me.

"Sure thing, and thanks mom."

"No problem. And by the way, do you smell ramen-"

"I'll be getting ready now mom." I cut her off not wanting to answer the question. I take my uniform off and put on some jeans and my light blue t-shirt that has been washed like a hundred times but still smells like ramen.

I grab my bag and stuff my wallet in, my cell phone, and my umbrella, for just in case. I grab my white hoodie and put it on over me. I then pick up my uniform I left and put it into the basket in the hallway.

"Ok, I'll see you later mom." I kiss her cheek.

"Ok stay safe. It's going to rain later. Do you want me to pick you up from work when you're done?" She asks.

"No thanks, I'll just walk. You just stay home and rest for a little bit." I tell her as I put on my shoes.

"Ok, see you soon." She waves.

"Bye." I wave closing the door. I walk out of the apartment building I live in and walk to work. Where I work isn't so far from where I live. And my school isn't so far from it as well. So I usually have no trouble when it comes to being late to both places or not. Because I'm never late.

It's about a ten minute walk to to the shop. So it isn't so far. I got there at least eight minutes early. "Hey Kumi, you're quite early aren't you." Issei, says as I walk in.

"Well why not be early to be honest. It's not like I live far from here."

"Well glad you came. Now start serving tables." He tells me.

"Sure thing." I say taking my hoodie off and putting on my apron. I grab different plates of ramen and take them to different tables at a time. About an hour into my shift, it was raining lightly outside. And ten minutes after that, it was no long light and quiet, but loud.

Costumers came in and out only to bring more water and dirt in. Which meant for me to mop it once my shift was done. I sigh in annoyance.

About an hour later, my shift was finally over. But not until I mop the floor. I grab the mop from the back and bring it back into the room. "No don't bother, I'll mop it myself. You should go home and get some rest or study. It's getting late and I don't think that rain will stop anytime soon." Issei says taking the mop away from me

"Are you sure, I don't mind cleaning this up. I could clean it real quick and still get back home in time to-"

"I said don't bother. Now go home. It's getting late." Issei says rubbing my head and smiling at me.

I smile back. "Thanks Issei. I'll see you tomorrow." I say grabbing my thing and putting on my hoodie.

"See you tomorrow. Stay safe." He waves.

I close the door behind me once I'm outside. I pull the umbrella out and push it open and start walking home with a small smile on my face.

It all went fine until I had to cross the street. I got there waiting for the sign on the other side to change. It changed and seconds before I can get to the other side of the street, a car turns splashing water on me. I would be embarrassed, but luckily I wasn't the only one to be splashed by the car. A few people around me were cursing or flicking the car off that drove off. I sigh in annoyance knowing I'll have to walk the rest of the way home all soaking wet.

"Whoa, are you ok?" I look up to see Daichi. He was on his bike and holding onto his umbrella.

"Yeah, just a stupid driver splashed me was all. Some people just can't seem to drive properly." I say taking off my hoodie and putting it into my bag. I immediately get goosebumps from the cold.

"Here take this." I look back up only to see him handing me his coat.

"There's no need for that. My home is five minutes away from here." I say.

"Just take it." He says. I look at him for a few second thinking whether or not I should.

"Are you sure about this?" I as.

"Yes." He says. I think a little more but before I can even move a finger, he decides to just put the coat on for me instead of me doing it myself. "There you go." He says smiling.

"Thanks. I'll give this back tomorrow with the hankie." I say moving my feet and looking down at the ground.

"Just return the coat. You could keep the hankie. I won't be needing it anymore." He smiles.

"Thanks, I'll see you around at school I guess." I say looking back up.

"See you around, and stay safe." He says striding back home. I walk back home with the exact same small smile on my face.

I walk into the apartment only to see my mom cooking some food. "Hi mom, I'm back." I say taking my shoes off and putting on my slippers and taking off the coat Daichi let me barrow.

"Hi honey, oh gosh what happened?" She looks at me.

"Let's just say that people don't know how to drive." I tell her.

"True. Go take a shower and I'll leave this food in your room. Eat it and once your done just leave it on your desk and I'll pick it up tomorrow. And your uniform has already been washed. It's hanging in your closet."

"Thanks mom."

I walk into my room to grab some clothes and a towel. I then walk into the bathroom and take a quick ten minute shower and brush my teeth. I go to the room to see the food my mom cooked on the small table in my room. I grab a few books from my desk and bring them down to the table to eat and study at the same time. And as well finish my homework too.

I finish everything early. I look over at my alarm clock to see its only around ten. After I'm don't putting my things back into my school bag, I realize that I've already lost the hankie Daichi gave to me today. I realize again that I left it in my pocket of my uniform. I walk over and open my closet. I search the small pocket to find that's it's still in there. I'd thought it would get lost in the laundry or something.

I know Daichi said he didn't want it anymore or that he didn't need it, but I still feel like I should just give it back to him. Which is what I'll end up doing tomorrow.

I put the hankie on my desk where his coat is neatly folded. I went back to bed and pull the cover over me and turn off my lamp. I hope tomorrow ends up being a good day.