15

Tests were finally over. God bless. But now I have to deal with work for now. As I was walking, I see a bike in the corner of my eye. I turn to the person to see it's Daichi. He gives me a warm smile. "Hi Kumi." He says, getting off the bike and walking alongside next to me.

"Hi Daichi." I smile at him.

"You guys just finish testing, didn't you?" He asks.

"Yup. I'm exhausted from it. But I still have work right now after this. It's one tiring day for me." I say, yawning after.

"How do you think you did?"

"I'm already top of the class, so no doubt I probably did really well." I say.

"That's great for you. Those tests really affect your senior year. So if you did well, you'll probably be doing really well next year. But I'll be gone, so you better work hard." He tells me.

I nod my head. "Will do. I always try my best." I smile.

It goes silent for a few seconds until he speaks again. "Are you busy at all on Sunday?" He asks.

"Sunday...no. Riku's probably gonna go downtown. And I don't have work that day. So I'll probably be doing nothing." I said.

"Oh...well great. Because I was wondering if you'd like to come to my last game that day. And then maybe after, we could just go out together. You know since it's Valentine's Day." He says.

I stop in my tracks. I was so busy with the tests that I forgot about Valentine's Day. But he really wants to spend it with me? "Umm...your not going to ask Nao?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "No. I don't think it's really going that well for us right now. So I'm going to let her do her own thing. So, would you like to hang out with me that day? It's fine if you don't want to." He says.

I look down at my feet shyly. Then I look back up at him with a smile plastered on my face. "Sure. I'd love to go to your last game. And to hang out after that." I said.

A smile grows on his face. "Great. It's a date. I'll see you then. Bye, Kumi." He says, hopping onto his bike.

"B-b-bye." I stutter. A date? Did he really say a date? I could already feel my face going red. Am I dreaming? I really hope not. There's no way this can be a date.

"Nao, your meals ready." I tell her. Putting her food onto the table.

"Go ahead and eat, Nao." Issei tells her.

She looks at the food for a second, but stays silent. "Sorry Issei. Today I don't need it." She says.

"What? Is something wrong with your stomach?" He asks.

"Are you feeling sick, Nao?" I ask.

"No, it's not that. I'm just. It hungry." She says. Me and Issei hum in reply. Next thing we know, her stomach growls, very loudly. I look over at Issei and raise my eyebrow.

"You sure Nao?" I ask.

"Don't tell me you're dieting." Issei says.

"You're dieting again?" Abe asks.

"Again?" I ask, confuse.

"I've gotten a little chubby lately." She said. What does she mean by that. She's as skinny as a stick.

"Did your boyfriend tell you that?" Issei asks. I slap his stomach. "Stop being nosy, I tell him.

"He's not my boyfriend! Lately I've been making a lot of chocolate cakes. I ate to much of them." She says, looking down, embarrassed.

"Is it for Valentine's Day?" Abs asks, excitedly.  She nods her head. "Yes! You're giving me one too, right? I'll take it even if you don't mean it."

"Sorry, Abe. This year I'm into giving one the the person I'm serious about." She says.

"I thought finally this year if end up with at least one." Abe says, sadly.

"You mean you're not giving me one either?" Issei asks.

"You don't deserve one." I say.

"Shut up." He says, pushing my head to the side lightly. I chuckle a little bit.

"No I'm not, sorry." She says to him.

"Ha." I say to Issei.

"Wow, that was awfully direct." He complains.

"You will get a cake. Only when you get a girlfriend." I said.

"In any case, I don't care whether it's Valentine's Day or bikini season, you have to eat. It's store policy." He says. "I like women that's a little chubby and loves eating. Besides, how can you expect to work on an empty stomach? What if yuh Brock another bowl?" He asks.

"Honestly though. It's a ramen restaurant. Of course you'd eat here. And she's not going to break another bowl." I said.

"So you're worried about the bowls." She says.

"Just eat already." He says.

I was finally off of work and heading straight home.  It then I got slightly hungry and thought that I could have a quick snack. So I went to the store and grabbed a quick candy bar. As I grabbed the chocolate, I realized that it was almost Valentine's Day. And I thought about Daichi. Maybe I should grab him a quick box of chocolate. I don't want show up empty handed.

I grab a quick box of chocolate and go to the counter and pay for them. I put the box in my bag and open that candy bar I bought.

As I'm walking home, I see a dark figure on a. Ike coming towards me. It was Daichi. I wave over at him, and he waves at me. He reaches my and stops. "Do you just get off of work?" He asks. I nod my head. "Great, let me give you a ride home." He says.

"Thanks, Daichi." I said.

I hop in the back of his bike and we take off. I haven't felt this happy to actually be around him after so long.

We reach my home and I get off the bike. "Thanks again, Daichi." I said.

"No problem. We're still on for Sunday, right?" He asks.

"Yeah." I said.

"Great. I'll see you then. I'll text truly the plans for it when I get home. Bye, Kumi." He said, taking off on his bike.

"Bye, Daichi." I said.

Sunday is going to be the best day ever.

_________________________________________

Hello again. Here's another update. Hope everyone's having a nice thanksgiving break. Or if you have one. Lucky for my cousins, they get the whole week off. I'm stuck in school till Tuesday. I wish I had the whole week off. But hope everyone's been having a good week.

Bye my friends :)