14

"It's kinda obvious, Kumi."

"What?" I turn to Issei.

"That you like Daichi." He tells me.

"Shut up, just cool for now." I tell him, grabbing a bowl and serving it at a table.

"So you're not denying it?" He leans over the counter and gives me a cheeky smile. I push his head back.

"Why should I tell you?" I ask.

"Because I've been your friend for as long as I can remember. And you should also be telling this stuff to me." He said.

I sigh. "I do like him." I say.

"Knew it. Now, when are you two going to end up together? You can have free ramen here." He says.

"We're not going out because we never will. He doesn't like me like that. He likes Nao. He even told me. And don't tell Nao about this either." I tell him.

"Alright alright." He says.

"Now, when are you going to get a girlfriend." I ask him.

"I already am dating." He says, smiling cheekily.

"What, really!? Who is she!!?" I ask, surprised.

"She here. Look." He picks up a bowl of ramen. I glare at him and hit his arm. "She belongs at that table right there." He says, handing it to me. And I put it in front of a costumer.

"Looks like the ramen doesn't want to be with you either, she's already moved on to someone else." I make fun of him. He sticks his tongue out at me. I stick mine it at him.

I sat at my desk, reading a book to myself. Riku sat in front of me eating her stupid rice balls. Why does she always eat? Even during a lesson, she has to.

"Pss, can I have a rice ball?" I ask.

"No, go find your own. These are do me." She says. I kick the back of her seat. "Rude." She glares at me. I laugh at myself.

"Do you fell awkward?"

"Huh?"

"When you're with me."

"Is that Daichi talking outside?" Riku turns to me quietly. I nod my head slowly, not looking at her. I wish there could be a way to block out his conversation before it can happen.

"Well uh...." Nao stutters.

Daichi let's out a tiny chuckle. "I guess it's only natural." He said to her.

"Daichi...has your character changed?" Nao asks.

"You think so?" He asks her.

"Uh-Huh." She says, quietly.

"I think you just didn't know this side of me."

"Huh?"

"I said is wait for you, but I didn't say I'd wait silently." He said. I wish I could just run out this classroom and go back home and just cry to myself.

"Bye." Was he the last he said before he left. I didn't want to deal with that conversation any longer.

I walked home later after work that night. I wasn't feeling so good either. I think after what happened at school is still somehow in my head. And it hurts.

I realized that I didn't really want to go home yet, so I went to the park instead. It was quiet here, all I could here was the wind and the crickets. No kids running around, or dogs barking. I liked the silence. It always felt nice.

"Hey." I turn around seeing Daichi smiling at me. Then walking towards me. It was always nice to just see him or have him around me. Now I'm not even sure about it.

"Hi." I said, giving him a small smile.

"What are you doing here. It's cold out here. You'll get a cold." He said. He didn't sound to worried, he might be more worried of I had been Nao. It's always so easy to predict him.

"Just taking walk. I just got out of work and I seemed to just want some fresh air for now." I said.

"Then I'll walk with you." He said. I smile at him. I guess his company was sometimes good to be around.

"Nao seems to be more awkward around me." He said. I nod my head in response. "And it's only started ever since I confessed to her. And like you told me the other day, I'm not gonna give up on her. Even though she likes Uehara, I'm not."

I try my best to hold in my tears. I don't want this happening right now. Why does this have to happen to me? "The awkwardness isn't going to last long. I know it. You two have known each other for some time now. I doubt something like that is gonna separate the two of you." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Positive." I said, looking over at him and smiling. He suddenly stops, pulling me buy my arm into his chest. Why is he hugging me?

"Thank you." He says. "For always being there helping me out with here sorta problems. And having you around and talking with me always makes me feel better somehow. So thank you." He says. I still try my best not to cry. The friend zone isn't so great. But I'll have to get used to it if I'm just gonna stay here for the rest of my life.

We continue walking, no longer talking  about Nao, but talking about how our week has been. We stop by at a building seeing two people outside looking around the bushes. We come closer to see that one of those persons were Nao. "Nao? What are you doing out here? You'll catch a cold." He said, worriedly.

"I've got to find a ring." She answered.

"A ring?" I ask.

"Yuri's marriage ring. Uehara is looking for it." She said. Who?

"But this has nothing to do with you, Nao. You have tests-"

"It mattes to me. It's more important than tests." She cuts him off, then continues searching.

"I see." Daichi says. I could even feel the awkwardness between them.

He pulls on my arm lightly, saying that he'll walk me home,  and we begin walking again. He seemed to be more silent this time. When we're almost five minutes away from my house, Daichi suddenly stops walking. "Are you ok, Daichi?" I ask.

"I-I'm really sorry, Kumi. But I have to go to Nao." He says. I nod my head and hum in response.

"I understand, ho ahead." I said. He smiles then me and lays my head. Then leaves, but not before says thank you. I just stand there, heart broken. I hate myself for falling for him.

_________________________________________

Yay, another chapter. Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Sadly I still got homework to do. Ugh, I hate school. But I hope everyone's doing well.

Bye my friends :)