12

I was walking around the halls at school during lunch. All by myself, all because Riku was to lazy to come today. But this is something I'm used to. It just feels different today. Feels more sad and dark. And it has seemed to be going here since all those rumors about Uehara and Nao are going around. But everyone obviously just like to make things up and then believe them.

It was getting to cold in the halls, so I went up to the roof to get more sun. Not much sun, but still somehow warmer then inside. And there wasn't much people here, so it was nice and quiet.

"Hey." I turned around and saw Daichi smiling and walking over to me. Even with that smile on his face, it was obvious he was still upset.

"Hi." I said, giving him a half smile as he stands next to me. "How was your weekend?" I ask.

"It was good I guess. Lots of things happened. But other then that. It was good." I half smile at myself and hum at as my response.

"What about you, what was your weekend like?" He asks. I give him a quick glance, then look back in front of me.

"It was alright I guess, not a lot happened but, it was ok." I say.

"Did you work a lot this weekend?"

"No, didn't work at all. But I kinda wish I did." I say, looking down at my feet.

"You seem more quiet today. Did something bad happen to you?" He asks, taking a hold of my shoulder. I wish this could stop.

"No nothing happened, but what about you? You seem different today as well. Are you ok? Is something bothering you?" I ask.

"Kinda." Was all he said. I hum in response. "Can I tell you something?"

I stay quiet for a moment. "Sure." I say, still looking in front of me. I don't bother to look at him.

"I like Nao." He told me. I close my eyes, trying to hold in my tears. I knew at some point he would be telling me this. I didn't think it would be so soon though.

"I know." I said.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say, half smiling at myself and looking down at the floor. Why am I doing this to myself? "It was kinda obvious. Well, for me at least. I saw that every time she was with Uehara, you would be kinda upset. And every time you would talk to her, your frown would disappear and you'd be really happy." I said. I wish it was me doing all that for him.

"I didn't know about that. But that's all gonna end at some point. I confessed to her the other day. But I know that she doesn't like me. She likes Uehara. Everyone likes him. I lost her to him." He says. I look over at him. He was looking down at the floor, I could see a single tear just fall off his nose.

"I'm guessing it didn't go that well." I say.

"Not really. I just told to not give me an answer. And then I left. But it feels good, not holding in my feeling anymore, at least. But it still hurts." He says, giving me a small smile. I smile back at him.

"I'm gonna go home now. Do you need a ride?" He asks, smiling at me.

"No thanks, I have work today. So I'll probably be a bit busy." I say.

"Ok, see you later." He says, leaving.

I let out a big breath of air. I'm holding so much in just to be around him more. But it hurts me more than it hurts him.

"Serve this to that table please?" Issei asks.

"Sure." I say taking the bowl and handing it to the table besides me. I take a quick glance outside. Crap, it's raining. I run over to my bad and grab it real quick. No umbrella. "I'm screwed." I mutter to myself.

"What's wrong?" Issei asks.

"It's raining and I forgot my umbrella. I guess I'll just have to run home with my my bag over me." I say.

"You won't make it like that. It's raining to hard out there. You'll just end up getting sick."

"It's worth a shot. Plus, I don't want to worry my mom. And I have no where else to stay." I say.

"Can't you just find some sorta can or something?"

"Pretty sure everyone's taking a cab somewhere at this point. They're all probably out already." I say.

We continue to serve tables for the rest of the day, until it was finally time to go. I put my jacket on and grab my bag, getting ready to run out the door. "I could just call a cab for you. It's dangerous going it there in this weather. It not worth it." He says.

"Well, I'm doing this either way." I say.

I sighs. "Just be careful." He says, rubbing my head.

"Will do." I said.

I open the door and run out as fast as I can, I start running for about three minutes until I just needed a break, so I stop at a house and bring my bag down as there's no more rain falling on me. I was completely soaked already. I sit down on the steps, trying to catch my breath real quick. Then I lay my elbows on my legs as I bring my hands up to my face. Could this day get any worst?

"Kumi, what are you doing here?" I look up to see Daichi. He wasn't smiling at me like he normally does. He was riding his bike, with his umbrella in his hand.

"Forgot my umbrella at home, so I had to run home from work." I said, silk catching my breath.

"Here, hop on." He says.

"No it's ok, just head home already." I say.

"I'm not leaving you here. You're going to get sick. I'm giving you a ride home and I'm not taking no as an answer." I look back at him. He just gave me a small smile. I smile at myself and roll my eyes running over to him.

"Thanks, Daichi." I say.

"Anytime. Now, put your arms around my and hold my umbrella at the same time." He says. I nod my head doing what he told my to. I hop on and we're off.

Two minutes later we're here. I hop off the bike and stand next to him. "Thank you, Daichi. I'm sorry I had to be a bother to you." I say, bowing at him.

"You're not a bother at all. Just don't do that next time. Call me if this ever happens again, ok?"

"Ok." I nod my head.

"Ok, see you later." He says, taking off. I wave to him as he leaves, then head back inside and take a warm shower.

Today wasn't great, but at least it ended in a nice way.

_______________________________________

Sorry for long update, I had a lot of work to do. Luckily I don't have school today....sorta. But I hope everyone's had a nice Halloween. Or spooky.

Bye my friends :)