10

New Years came along, and the ramen shop was closed, so I stayed home alone. Mom was off to work, and Riku was out with her parents somewhere. And I was left to freeze at home during a blackout. But that all soon came to an end and I went back to work.

"It feel great to be back here. That was the worst New Years ever." I said.

"It couldn't have been that bad." Issei said.

"It was terrible. Mom as out. My friend Riku was out with her family. And I stayed home alone freezing to death because of the blackout." I said.

"I told you, you could've come over and spent your New Years with us."

"It would've bothered me know. You should spend New Years with your dad. I don't want to get in the middle of that." I said.

"But New Years is not just about the new year, it also about spending it with your family and loved ones. And you're like family to us. Next time you're coming along with us." Issei says.

"Thanks Issei." I smile at him.

"No problem." He pats my back.

"There must be some kind of mistake." Nao says, looking at the big crowd outside waiting to come in.

"How dare you say something like that. They're lining up because they want to taste our ramen." Issei said.

"Stop being so rude." I whisper.

"But why all of a sudden?" She asks.

Issei hands her a book. "This." He says.

"Spring date spot special report." She looks in the book and smile. But then gasp. I guess she's seen Issei.

"The writer is one of our longtime customers. Since the article came out couple have been have been lining up like that. There's a coupon in there too." He said.

"A ramen date sounds kinda nice." She says.

"Agree." I say.

"Really? Don't women want something fancier, like French or Italian?" Isseis dad asks.

"That's exactly why they like this. Here you can spend time together in a more casual way." She said, smiling.

"And ramen is so much better." I say.

"I wish I had someone to eat ramen with." She smiles. How does someone continue to be like that.?

"I think a mans true feelings are for the ramen."

"That's unless they are you." I mutter to myself. He pokes my side." Now I see why you don't have a girlfriend." I stick my tongue out at him. He sticks his out at me. What a loser.

"But doesn't eating together mean you can reel each other your true feelings?" She says.

"Now I see. Man-women relationships can be very deep." Issei's dad says.

"Nao, why don't you come here for your next date?" He says handing her a coupon. "You get none Kumi because no one wants you as their girlfriend." He says.

"And no one wants you as their boyfriend." I say. We begin to poke each other until it starts to hurt us. Which isn't fair because I'm small and weak and his tall and strong.

"If you don't have anyone, I'll eat with you if you like." He says.

"I feel very loved." I say. He sticks his tongue out at me.

The door opens entering all the customers. "This is gonna be a long day." I say.

"Ugh, it's our second day back. Why do we already have so much homework? Are they trying to kill us?" I ask myself.

"Maybe they just want us to suffer. At least the homework is easy though." Riku says.

"I wanna go home. I wanna go back to the ramen shop already." I say.

"You should take me to that shop one of those days. I want to eat there. And you always bring up that kid Issei in conversations. I never know what you're talking about. I want to meet him." She said.

"Ok, maybe we can go after school tomorrow. Deal?"

"Deal. Now, I have to go finish an assignment for class. So you'll just have to eat lunch by yourself. Is that alright?" She asks.

"It'll be ten times better the the time you spilt ramen all over me." I laugh.

"You're so mean to me." She crosses her arms and pouts.

"And you eat to much. But I'll see you later." I wave to her. She waves back at me and I continue walking through the halls.

"Oh, hay Kumi." I look up and see Daichi walking over towards me. I smile at him.

"Hay Daichi. It's good to see you. How was your New Years?" I ask.

"It was...great you could say. But I had fun. And I heard there was a blackout on that side of the city. Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just almost froze to death was all. But I'm alright. What did you do for New Years?" I asked.

"I spent most of the day with Nao. And that's about it. What about you, what did you do?" He asks.

"Nothing. My friends was out with her parents. And my mom is always at work during the holidays. And I really have no one else to be with during those times. So I always just spend the holidays alone, which is pretty crap." I say.

"You should come over one day during the holidays. Instead of spending that time alone, you could spend it with me." He says. I let my hair fall into the side of my face, hoping that he wouldn't see me blushing.

"Th-thanks." I stutter. Kill me now.

He suddenly stops in the middle of the hallways and looks down from the balcony. I walk over to look as well. Nao and Uehara were eating lunch together. That's the first. They were both arguing and she was chasing him as he ate her food. I laugh at them. This was definitely a cute relationship.

I look up at Daichi. He seemed kinda upset. Why did I have to grow these feeling towards Daichi when he already has feelings for someone else? I hate myself for that.

__________________________________________

Sorry it's short. But I still hope you like.