You're my Angel

No. No. No. JUST NO. Emily mentally scolded herself. She had been so close to losing... control. She clambered up the hill hastily and ignored Kyle who was calling out for her. He was cute, she admitted. And stupid, she protested. And really sweet... sometimes. But an arrogant ass most of the time. But he knows me, she weakly argued to herself. That you're an ex member of the Flaming Dragons? Asked a small voice. That you've single handedly assassinated some of the world's top criminals? That you're not really Emily, but Ice? No. He doesn't. So give it up.

She let out a sigh and there was a light puff in the air. It's cold, she thought with a shiver. Suddenly, there was a loud crack, then a thud, and a long stream of curses.

"Kyle?" She turned around and there was no one behind her. "Was that you? Are you okay?" She felt her heart rate rise because of her nerves.

"Over here, dammit." He swore weakly and she was too nervous to reprimand him for it. She followed the voice to a steep ledge, where at the bottom of it sat Kyle.

"Are you alright?" She slid down the ledge and gently prodded Kyle's shoulder. Immediately he let out a small yelp which subsided into a whimper.

"I think my arm's broken," Kyle winced as he tried to move it. "Or at least a twisted wrist."

She studied the wrist carefully. "It's not as bad as broken, but I'm pretty sure you sprained it. You must've landed badly. How are your legs?"

He gingerly attempted to move his legs than slowly stood up. "Agh!" He cried out.

"What? What is it?" Emily asked anxiously as she saw his face contort in pain.

"Gotcha," he smirked. He started laughing, "You should've seen your face."

Her concerned face turned back into steel and she muttered. "You're a donkey."

"A donkey?" He asked amusedly.

"You know what I mean," Emily glowered as she smacked his arm. "Ow!" He jumped.

"Whatever, clearly you're well enough! Come on," she started walking up when he grabbed her wrist.

"But I'm hurt," he said with wide puppy eyes. "Can I lean on you?" He said cheekily with a small pout and Emily smirked.

"You're an idiot." But she let him hold her anyways.

He smiled all the way to the villa where he was immediately led to the physician. Emily's claim was right, his wrist was sprained and the hotel's physician wrapped it in elastic bandage after treating the wounds. Kyle moved his wrist experimentally. "You'll be fine," the doctor said. "Just don't use that wrist."

"But it's my right arm!" Kyle protested. "How am I supposed to write and eat and stuff?"

"Have someone feed you, write for you, and do your stuff," joked the physician.

"Oh." That doesn't sound quite so bad, Kyle thought gleefully.

"What did the doctor say?" Asked Emily as he walked out of the first aid room.

"It's sprained. But she told me not to use it. At all." Kyle sighed dramatically.

"Oh, at least you didn't break it," she said in a comforting manner.

"But still. She said that I should get someone else to do stuff for me." Kyle said forlornly as he tried to suppress a cackle of joy. She has no idea what's coming for her.

"Aw, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you," she said.

He smiled innocently at her, "someone like you?"