22

Sadie POV

I bounce down the stairs, excited to finally be free from the confines of my room. Sure I like my room as I can make it whatever I want, but it gets boring after I've trapped in it for the past few days. As some of the other occupants of Brooklyn House pass me on my way to the Great room they ask how I am and I give them all much the same answer. "I'm fine now that I'm free from my room." 

Once I make it down all the stairs (to be honest it does take some effort, but I'm not going to let anyone know that), Shelby attaches herself to my legs, "Shelby sweetie, would you mind letting go of me please so I can move?" She just tightens her grip. Jaz is back from putting away the equipment that she used to check that I was okay, "She's been constantly asking if you're okay these past few days." 

I look down at the small girl who was being an anklewarmer and I bend down to bring her into a hug. "I'm okay sweetie, just a bit hungry." Shelby seems to take this as a challenge of some sort and pulls back only to grab my hand and tug me towards the kitchen. I glance back to see the Jaz is laughing at the scene. 

"What does Sadie want to eat?" Shelby asks as soon as we reach our destination. She obviously wasn't going to give up until she was satisfied that I was fed. "Just an apple sweetie." She beamed at me before going to get an apple. I would come and get something later if I was still hungry and it wasn't to close to lunch. 

Shelby made her way back to me holding an apple in each hand. "One for Sadie and one for me." She said before handing me the apple. She looked at me with big eyes until I took a bite of the apple. "Thanks, sweetie." She smiled at me and walked out of the kitchen eating the apple she got for herself.

A/N: It's been so long because recently my friend was in the hospital for about 6 weeks. They're fine now, but I was just really worried for them.