19

Walt POV

I push myself up to a standing position. There's a ringing in my ears and my vision is blurry. There are debris and bodies everywhere. I'm pretty sure that majority of them are unconscious but I can't be sure as I can't exactly focus right now.

My hearing is starting to return to normal and I can heat faint shouting in the distance, the battle must've moved. They just pounced on us. We had no idea and weren't prepared. we'd just been walking through the museum looking at the exhibits and explaining things to the younger children when part of the wall had collapsed in front of us and monsters started to pour in and surround us.

I remember getting the youngest to try and hide behind us. But some wanted to help and we were too busy to stop them. I didn't see where they went or what happened to him. What if they died because I wasn't able to keep them safe? A sick feeling starts forming in my stomach.

I decided to start checking on the people here since I've seen some of them move in the time I've been standing up. As well as the fact that I'm too weak to fight.

*Time skip to several minutes later*

There's a screech behind me and I turn to see Freak flying through a hole in the roof, pulling Carter and Zia behind him. They both run towards me.

"What happened?" Carter asks hurriedly.

"The wall just collapsed in front of us as we were walking and they surrounded us." My head is pounding.

Carter looks worried and almost guilty as he surveys the unconscious bodies lying around us. Zia places a hand on his shoulder. "Where are they now?"

I point in the direction where I heard fighting when my hearing started to return.

"Thanks. Are you fine here?" I nod my head. They take off towards the fight as I turn to inspect the people closest to where I'm standing.

Sadie POV

Light flashes around me. I don't know how I'm still fighting. I don't know how long I've been fighting for. I'm glad the battle moved away from those that were knocked out, so hopefully, they are able to get out without getting any more hurt than they are now.

I'm at the edge of the fighting and destroy the last of the monsters that were surrounding me. I step back to survey what's going on and as well to catch my breath and gather what little strength I have left. I see movement out of the corner of my eye coming from the entrance to this room of the museum and turn to see what it is. To my surprise (and relief) it turns out to be Zia and Carter.

They charge into the fight and I think some of the monsters become scared of the new enemy. They were almost beating us, but now we have two strong, powerful fighters coming to our aid (don't you dare tell Carter that I said he was strong and powerful. If you want you can tell Zia though, I don't care if she knows that I think she's strong and powerful).

The appearance of Zia and my brother seems to bring hope and a renewed strength from those that are still fighting. Some of the enemies turn and flee. Others stay and try to regain control of the battle and end up getting slain by our forces instead. I smile as my friends surround the last of the monsters, but don't get to see what happens as I pass out from exhaustion.