2

Disclaimer: I own nothing except for the plot

"Zia. Zia wake up", a voice said, hands gently shaking her. Her eyes fluttered open and she could see Carter looking down at her with a worried expression. Tears escaped and made their way down her face. Carter wrapped his arms around her and silently pulled her towards him. She couldn't get the images out of her head, Apophis killing Carter and then lunging at her. "Why are you here?" she said, her voice quiet. His chest was bare but he was alive so she didn't care. "I heard you yelling and came to see what was wrong. Are you ok?" "I- I had a nightmare", her voice was shaky. "About?" "About Apophis rising again." Another tear made its way down her cheek. Carter pulled her closer and pressed his lips to the top of her head causing a tingling sensation to move throughout her body. "Yeah?" he prompted. "He- he attacked you and-". The words stuck in her throat. "Killed me", Carter finished for her. "Then- then he turned to me and killed me as well". The tears were now streaming down her face making Carter's bare skin wet. He didn't seem to care he just kept holding her, gently rocking.

Carter gently pulled her from his chest and looked into her eyes. He wiped away the tears that were left and kissed her. The kiss was slow and passionate. Butterflies erupted in her stomach, but she was used to it as it happened every time they kissed. He pulled away, a smile tugging at his mouth, and held her. "It's ok". That was all he said. After a while when Zia could feel herself falling asleep she said," Carter" "Yes?" "Can you stay with me?" " Of course I will". He smiled at her as she felt her eyes close.