8

Disclaimer: Only own the story

Zia POV

Carter slowly walked over to his sister. He looked like he was trying not to be annoyed at her, but it wasn't working. I kinda felt sorry for him as Sadie had a mischievous grin on her face.  

Carter finally reached her and they started talking. I couldn't hear what they were saying but there were a lot of hand gestures from both of them. I returned to my book smiling slightly. I was going to hear about the conversation from either Carter or Sadie. Probably Carter as he would be more willing to tell others, while Sadie would make everyone wait and see what happens.

*Time Skip*

I'd just finished teaching the initiates when I decided to check on Carter to see if he was surviving whatever Sadie had in store for him. I looked all over Brooklyn House and couldn't find him, so I decided to check his room.

I gently knock on his door and don't get an answer. The door is slightly ajar so I carefully push it open and walk in. He's leaning against the balcony and looking out at the skyline and doesn't seem to notice me. I close the door quietly and make my way over to him, making sure that I don't disturb him.

I stop behind him and wrap my arms around him and lean on his back. He tenses at first then relaxes again.