17

Sadie POV

If I'm being honest with you, I can't wait to get back to Brooklyn House because it means I don't have to be completely responsible for so many children (as well as teenagers but they can look after themselves better in my opinion). The museum is interesting, but when you have to explain everything to 5-year-olds it gets hard even if you have others helping you.

"What's that?" one of the youngest asks. 

"That's a staff"

"What does it do?"

Luckily Jaz stepped in to explain it to her.

"Just breathe and try to relax. We're going to leave soon", Walt whispered in my ear as he passed to explain a picture of Anubis to one of the more quiet kids.

Carter POV

Zia and I were having a very relaxing day without everyone else around us. After breakfast, we had spent the morning reading in the library. Both of us had learnt about some new spells and were now going to try them out in the training room.

*Time Skip 'cause I can*

I was swimming laps in the pool when Zia came running out. She was holding something in her hands. It was a scrying bowl. I swam over to her.

"What's wrong?"

She was trying to catch her breath.

"Calm down and tell me what you saw Zia", I said to her trying to keep the worry out of my voice as I reached for her hand after she put the bowl down.

"I can't explain", she was trying not cry. "Just. Look", she pointed to the scrying bowl.

I pulled myself up and Zia passed me the towel that was next to her. She handed me the bowl after I had dried off enough.

What I saw was straight out of a nightmare. I would've dropped the bowl if Zia hadn't grabbed it from me. I just turned and held her for a moment before we both went to get our weapons as well as me putting some more appropriate clothes on.

A/N: I thought when holidays started I would be able to update more frequently but I went to celebrate a bunch of birthdays and Christmas with my family and I didn't have wifi. But I finally have it again.