1: It All Started With A Movie

I gagged as the couple sitting beside me broke out into a full-blown make out session. Even though the movie that we were watching was a romance, it didn't mean that you absolutely had to make out during it. Even though the couple next to me was making out, I couldn't really complain because after all I was the third wheel to my best friend's date. She didn't feel comfortable going to the movies alone with her boyfriend, but obviously those thoughts flew out the window because they were now also making out.

        The movie wasn't even on a romantic part! In fact, the main girl's freaking dog had just died and she was currently sobbing like a mad woman.

         My mouth curled into a frown of disgust once the kissing noises increased. My seat was kicked causing my body to shoot forward. Turning around, I glared at the couple that was practically dry humping each other in the next-to-empty movie theater.

       "Do you mind?!" I snapped at the kissing teens behind me. The guy momentarily shrugged his girlfriend off of him to look at me with an eyebrow arched.

        As soon as his pretty mouth opened up to talk I knew it was not going to end up pretty.

        "Do you mind? We're in a romance themed movie; couples are going to make out. If you don't like it then get out, old lady." My face grew red in anger and I had to squeeze my hands into fists before I knocked the living daylight out of this kid.

        Who in the hell did he think he was to call me an old lady?! I was barely 19! I mean sure, I didn't have the most gorgeous face or body, but I know that I didn't look like an older woman.

        "Quit whoring around, you freaking homie hopper." Even though his face reddened even more at my retort, I felt myself laughing at his reaction. Shaking my head in amusement, I turned my attention back to the screen in front of me. The main girl was now holding her deceased dog while hugging her boyfriend sobbing.

        Now that was just sick.

        Getting up from my seat, I decided not to tell Ruby where I was going since she was too busy being groped by her boy toy, Kevin. I swear, people have no dignity left. The steps were dimly lit in order to not disrupt the movie so I had a hard time navigating down them.

        The double doors creaked under my hands. Bright lights filtered in my vision causing me to wince from the sudden light change. The hall was practically empty except for a mom attempting to coax her crying baby and the faint noise of the movies that were going on could be heard.

        As I walked out into the main lobby, I glanced at the long, narrow counter that employees stood behind chatting about something. The snacks looked pretty tempting, but I had come out from the movie to get away from the very intense atmosphere. Turning briskly on my heel, I made my way into the bathroom, groaning at the horrible smell that came from the toilets.

       Instead of actually going to the bathroom, I hopped onto an empty space on the counter and began to text Ruby an excuse on why I had to leave. Honestly, I couldn't bare to sit there for another hour while everyone made out with their partner. As much as I love to be the third wheel to their date, I had better things to do like school work and walk my dog.

Ruby 7:45 PM

Your leaving?! ): It's going to be awkward now!

       Can you say bullshit? Shrugging, I typed a quick excuse to her saying that my mom needed me to go to the grocery store and then promptly hopped off of the counter. I shoved the door open and grimaced at the new crowd that stood in the main lobby in anticipation of seeing a movie that was about to start.

       Thanks to my short height, I managed to maneuver through the throng of people quickly. The only people left to pass was a group of obnoxious guys and they were shoving each other joking around. With the door in my eyesight I picked up speed as I was passing the guys. My hand outstretched towards the door when I felt a weight hit me from the side and next thing I knew I was sprawled on the ground.

        "Are you okay?" A face hovered in my vision. Everything began to focus and I found the guy staring at me intensely. Before I could open my mouth he began speaking again while his friends fidgeted nervously on the side lines.

        "Mate."