4: Swerve

For once in my nineteen years I wasn't hungry. Even though the plate that rested in front of me on the grey table looked delicious, I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Ruby was sitting in front of me with a frown on her face as she watched me look at my food with distaste.

        It had been a whole week since the stalker incident. The mysterious truck has yet to make another appearance which I'm completely okay with that. Yesterday I had received a call from Dawn asking if I wanted to go to a party that this fraternity was throwing tonight. He claimed that we could "make amends" by hanging out with each other. Honestly I was not over the guy and as he talked to me over the phone my stomach had been doing a series of continuous flip flops.

        Being my naive self, I promptly agreed to go to the party. But Ruby was going with me and we were going to meet him there.

        "Why aren't you eating?" My head snapped up to meet Ruby's worried expression. We were currently eating lunch on campus like we normally did thanks to our schedules working out to where we could eat with each other.

        Shrugging, I picked up a fry and pushed around some beans, "Just don't feel like it."

        "Are you nervous about tonight?" My grip on the fry tightened and I felt the insides of it began to leak onto my fingers. Ruby gave me a small smile, reaching over and patting my free hand in comfort.

        "I just... I still have feelings for him. I mean I gave him my entire heart and he just screwed me over." I said grimacing. Dropping my head onto the table, I looked to the side as the cool table pressed against my cheek.

        "Well, you could make him regret what he let go." Smirking at me, she ruffled my hair.

        Groaning in protest I shoved her hand away from my head, "Look, I don't care. I don't want to walk around a frat party dressed like a whore."

        "You're too strong for your own good," she mumbled. Getting up, we threw away our plates and began to walk towards the parking lot where our cars sat next to each other.

        Dark clouds swirled in the sky above our heads while we crossed campus. Before we had even made it halfway to the parkway I felt raindrops slowly fall. I pulled my bag over my head as Ruby mirrored my action. My footsteps came to a sudden halt causing Ruby to look at me in confusion.

        "Ruby?"

        "Yeah?"

        "Remember when I was being stalked?"

        "Yes?"

        Without replying I just lifted my hand and pointed to the black truck that was parked directly next to my car. Ruby stiffened next to me as we both stared at the truck. Its lights were on and we could hear the motor in it even though we were far from it. My body jerked suddenly to the left and I found myself crouching down next to a car beside Ruby.

        "What should we do?" I asked panicked. The rain was now beginning to pour on us and we needed to act fast before we caught a cold from the downpour.

        Standing up proudly, Ruby nodded towards me, "I'm going to go talk to the bastard!" My mouth began to open in protest, but she cut me off by turning away briskly and marching towards the truck.
I watched in horror as she pounded on the driver's door with a look of pure anger on her face.

        The window began to roll down. My heart beat stuttered once I saw who it was sitting in the behind the wheel of the truck.

        It was the asshead that freaking ran into me at the movies!

        Ruby began pointing towards where I was hiding and I watched as his gaze slowly left her and settled on me. Pulling out my phone I quickly sent Ruby a text message.

        To: Ruby 1:35 PM

        Bro, get him to leave! I'm going to take a detour until he leaves!

        As I hit send, I watched her reach into her pocket and pull out her phone. The guy watched her and then before she could react he snatched her phone out of her hands and began to read my text message. Ruby's yells of frustration could be heard from where I was crouching down. His gaze snapped up to reach my horrified expression and then he mouthed one word to me.

        Run.

        Without a moments hesitation, I sprung to my feet and began racing back towards the campus. My feet splattered against the pavement and my bag flopped helplessly behind me. The sound of footsteps behind me caused me to rip my bag from my body and toss it into a bush.

        I managed to not eat crap as I raced up the steps and into the court yard that rested next to the library. The footsteps where getting closer and I made a sudden left, running into the library, shoving the door open hastily. The librarian's sharp gaze focused on something behind as I ran past the computers.

        Back outside, I skipped the steps and quickly began to pass Bizzini Hall towards the bridge that went across the pond. The stones echoed my footsteps as my feet pounded furiously against the stone.

        Just as I was reaching the middle of the bridge, I felt something collide into the side of me, sending me flying over the side of the bridge. My scream of terror died down as water rushed past me. A pair of arms rested firmly against my waist and I began kicking my captor's legs once he pulled me into a standing position in the pond with his chest pressed against my back.

        "Let me go you fucker! I'll call the cops! I swear to baby Jesus I will! Fucking pervert!" I screamed out loud. His arms only tightened around me in response and soon I felt my body being lifted into the air.

        "This is kidnapping!" My fists pounded against his back in pure rage. The water began to swirl past us as he began to walk towards the grass. A few ducks lingered in the pond despite the pouring rain, but there were no students to be seen. Instead of putting me down like I was wanting, he shrugged his shoulders before tightening his grip on my legs. Small tingles were being created where his arms rested securely around me, but I chose to ignore them.

        "Don't make me resort to plan B!" Shouting once more, I took his silence as the okay to follow through with my plan. I managed to push myself up to where I could reach his shoulder. Opening my mouth, I promptly chomped down into his shoulder.

        "What the fuck!" Releasing his grip on me, I fell onto the muddy grass. He loomed above me glaring at me. Rolling onto my back, I maintained eye contact with him as my foot lashed out and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. Groaning, he cupped his little johnny and bent over in pain. Taking my opportunity, I jumped to my feet, shoving him over onto his side into the muddy ground.

        Before he could recover I turned on my heel and began racing back towards the campus. Satisfaction filled me when I didn't hear anymore footsteps behind me. Once I passed by the bush where my bag rested, I hastily grabbed it and began running again.

        As I neared my car, I was surprised to see his truck door strewn open carelessly and Ruby was was on the ground in a puddle.

        "Rubes!" Calling out to her, I watched relief flood her features and she climbed to her feet. We raced over to our cars, but before I climbed into mine a smirk made its way onto my face. Bringing my attention back to the truck that was still running beside me, I rushed over to the driver's side and yanked out the keys.

        "You are so evil!" Ruby gave me the thumbs up as we climbed into our vehicles. Hey, the guy completely deserved this. He tried to freaking kidnap me!

        We exited the parking lot laughing in victory.