3: Yes I'm Fat

"Ma'am, can you please make up your mind?" My glare snapped down to the cashier who tapped her manicured nails on the register impatiently. I had been in here for five minutes trying to make up my mind, but everything looked delicious. The only people in here besides me was an elderly woman with her husband and they looked absolutely adorable talking to each other.

        "I guess I'll just have three crunchy tacos, two bean and cheese burritos, and one large baja freeze." Sighing, I handed her a twenty and watched as she looked me up and down with a hint of disgust on her face.

        She handed me my change with a look of annoyance on her face, "Your order number is 351. I'll go make your freeze right now so just stay here." I watched her intently as she made my drink just in case she decided to spit in it.

        Satisfied with my drink, I began to settle down in a chair that sat against one of windows with my face in the way of the setting sun. I twiddled the straw wrapped between my fingers and sighed in contempt.

        "Order 351." A gruff voice called out. Gathering myself, I practically skipped to the counter and thanked the guy that handed me my food. He gave me a crooked smile that some would call cute, but I was too busy with my food.

        Once I began to eat, my gaze settled on the elderly couple that was now laughing quietly at an inside joke. The parking lot was behind me so I couldn't see if someone was breaking into my car or not, but I highly doubt that anyone would break into it.

        I wish I could have that. I thought as I took a bite out of my burrito. They looked like the kind of love that came straight from a romance novel and ever since the happy ending they had remained true to one another. Slowly they began to gather up their garbage and made their way towards the door. The woman paused to give me a small smile which I kindly returned.

        As they walked out their eyes turned towards something in the parking lot and they began to whisper with each other while eyeing whatever it was that was in the lot behind me. Turning my back, my eyes scanned the parking lot until they fell on my car.

        But it wasn't my car that I was looking at. No. It was the black truck that was parked casually in front of my car. I immediately faced forward feeling nervous.

        Without hesitating, my hand flew into my bag and I fumbled with my phone, dialing Ruby's number. She answered on the second ring.

        "Hello?" She asked sounding a tab bit annoyed.

        "I'm sorry I left, but I have a huge problem." I could practically feel the driver's eyes burning holes into the back of my head.

        All the annoyance in her tone was replaced by worry, "What's wrong?"

        "I'm being stalked!" I whisper-yelled into the phone. Her silence was a que for me to tell my story. "Okay so basically I was on my way home on the highway when this truck freaking started tailgating me. I would switch lanes and he would follow me, but once I exited I managed to lose him."

        "I'm guessing he's back?"

        "Yes! I'm at Taco Bell right now, but the worse part is that he's parked directly in front of my car! Help me!" I pleaded.

        I could hear her talking to someone before she finally replied to me. "Okay, don't panic. Usually waiting it out helps in these type of situations. I'll stay on the phone with you. It's getting dark outside so if he doesn't leave then maybe you can have an employee escort you or something."

        Glancing behind me, I groaned in frustration seeing that the truck was still there.

~+~+~+~+~+~~+

        An hour. A entire fucking hour and the little shit was still parked there.

        The once light sky, was now pitch black and stars adorned it. The employees hadn't bothered to ask me if everything was okay even though I'm pretty sure that I looked like I was about to lose my crap. Ruby had hung up from me after twenty minutes saying that her mom was calling her and that she'd called me back.

        She's yet to do so.

        Picking up my phone I began to dial the local police department's number. "Modesto police department, how can I assist you?"

        "Hi, I have a person that's...." My voice died down as I glanced behind me to see that the truck was no longer in front of my car. It's retreating tail lights could be seen from where I sat.

        "I don't have time for any prank calls." Before I could stop her, the line was cut and I was left staring at where the truck was once in confusion.