9: Lake

"Did you... Did you bite me?" I asked staring at him in disbelief. My hands curled up into fists and I began pushing and shoving Shane in an attempt to get him off of me, but he didn't even budge.

        Clearing his throat, he caught my fists with his hands, "There....there was a really big mosquito. On your shoulder." He chuckled nervously as I continued to struggle beneath him.

        "Bullshit!" I shouted at him, "Get the fuck off of me, you freak!" A hurt expression flashed through his eyes, but it was quickly replaced by anger.

        "Listen Terra, I had to mark you. You don't understand yet, but there's other wol- er, people that want what's rightfully mine," he bit out. I could tell that there was than he was letting on.

        "I want to go home," I choked out. Shane's eyebrows rose in surprise and he reluctantly got off of me, but held onto my hands tightly.

        "You can't go home." Turning away from me and letting go of my hands, he shuffled over to the TV that had been playing and quickly shut it off. My eyes followed his movement and I found myself admiring the way his muscles moved as he shut off the TV. Shaking my head, I stood up from the couch but nearly fell back down at the wave over dizziness that washed over my body.

        "Listen here you fucker; I want to go home. And I want to go home now. You're treating me like I'm already yours." I spat at him with a heated glare. Before he could respond, a series of coughs cut him off and I found myself doubled over.

        An arm wrapped around my shoulders and another around the back of knees. I felt my body become weightless momentarily as Shane lifted me into his arms. "You're sick and now you're also feeling the aftermath of the mark. I promise I'll explain everything soon, Terra." Murmuring into my ear, I pressed my face into the crook of Shane's neck inhaling his woodsy, comforting scent.

        "You better," I whispered as I felt my eyelids begin to droop shut. Soon I was fast asleep.

        ~+~+~+~+~+~+~

        When my eyes finally decided to open, I once again found myself staring up at a dark blue ceiling. As I took in my surroundings that were beginning to darken from the dusk that was settling around the house, a yellow note caught my eye. Raising an eyebrow, I swiftly snagged it from the nightstand.

        Terra-

        I had to go out and do some stuff. I'll be back in a little. Btw, I have Taffy with me.

        Love, Shane

        Even though he was a kidnapper Shane is probably the worst one that I have ever met; not that I've been kidnapped before. Everyone knows that the number one rule is to never leave your hostage alone.

        "What a freaking idiot," Muttering to myself, I quickly scooted out of the bed. My clothes were the same ones that I had one before falling asleep in Shane's arms. I still couldn't even believe that I managed to fall asleep in his arms and I actually enjoyed the sensation that spread through my body while I was pressed against him.

        The doors flew open under my grasp and I wasted no time running down the stairs. Even though I was still feverish, I managed to bite my lip to fight the dizziness. I felt dread wash over once I finally found the door that led to the garage. The only car that sat in there was a street bike and I was definitely not experienced enough to drive one.

        "Live life to the fullest, I guess." The helmet that sat on the seat was black with neon green stripes filtering throughout the paint on it. I quickly shoved it onto my head and then pressed the button the open the garage door.