Chapter 11

Dawn’s POV

First I got hearing back . . .then feeling.

My head was pounding. My stomach, back, sides, legs and face were swore and felt bruised and unmovable. I slowly and carefully opened my eyes and found that my right eye would not open.

Oh God! Where am I . . .

“Dawn, are you awake?” I knew that voice, but I couldn’t quiet place it and then Jacob’s face came into view. Ian’s older brother.

“Jacob?” I was shocked my how weak and horse my voice was.

“Okay, don’t rile her up, babe,” A pretty blonde came into view.

I instantly panicked. What the hell is going on?

“Dawn, calm down,” Jacob sat down beside my good eye. “This is Natalie. She’s my girlfriend. She’s a doctor. I knew you wouldn’t want me to take you to a hospital so I brought you to her. I walked in when Ian was on you . . . You were already out,” He growled.

“Thank . . . th . . .” I tried to get out, but my throat wouldn’t allow it.

“Don’t.” He patted my hand, “Your welcome. I told you to call me whenever you needed me. Dawn, why did you let it get that far?” he sighed.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

“I am going to turn him in . . .”

“No!” My eye shot open.

“Dawn . . .”

“Jacob, out.” Natalie demanded. “I need her to relax so that the anesthetic can work so I can work on her.”

Jacob sighed and then nodded and got up and walked out.

“Sweetie, please try to relax. You’re safe now. I won’t hurt you. Some of your injuries are pretty bad so I am going to knock you out so that I can make sure there are no serious brakes or any other injuries. Okay?” She met my eye and looked sorry and worried.

I nodded silently and then closed my eye and that was the last thing I remembered.

When I next woke up my whole body felt better. I could open both of my eyes, though my right eye was still swore. I could take a breath with minimal pain shooting through my chest and lungs. My legs seemed to be unharmed besides a few healing bruises. My left arm seemed to get the worst of it because it was wrapped in some kind of ace bandage so that I could not move my wrist.

“Dawn,” Jacob’s smiling face came into view followed by a pretty blonde. I struggled through my drug ha to remember that this was Jacob’s girlfriend, Natalie.

“Hey, Jacob,” I smiled and then coughed to clear my throat because it was so dry.

“Here,” Natalie handed me a glass of water as Jacob helped me sit up.

“Thank you both so much,” I breathed as finished drinking from the glass.

“It’s really no problem. And you know I always love a new excuse to beat the shit out of my brother,” Jacob smirked half-heartedly.

“You didn’t?” I couldn’t help the slight smile that appeared on my face.

“You bet I did,” He patted my leg.

“How long was I out? I don’t feel nearly as bad as I did when I first woke up,” I turned to Natalie.

“Well, you were coming in and out of consciousness for the last day,” She replied.