Chapter 3

Anthony’s POV

“Hey, guys. How was your first day of school?” Aunt Elena asked as we walked through the door.

“Great, fantastic, just perfect,” I grumbled sarcastically as I pushed past the guys and up the stairs.

“Ignore him,” I heard Felix sighed. “He’s been in a mood all day.”

I made it up the stairs, slammed my door, and dropped my bag jacket and sun glasses walking out onto my balcony.

I ignored everyone below in the backyard dad every  moment from today replayed in my mind. Could she tell? Did she care? I mean she was with that Ian and there was definitely something up with that guy.

The way she jumped when he spoke . . . it’s not how a girlfriend should react to her boyfriend.

I sighed and leaned against the railing.

“You remind me of your mother in a lot of ways.”

I breathed and then looked over my shoulder to see my father leaning against the doorway of my balcony.

“How’s that?” I asked, looking back out to the orchard.

“You both put on a brave face for everyone else, but I know when something is troubling you,” He stepped forward  and leaned against the railing. “She runs out to the cliff . . . You lock yourself in your room.”

“What are you getting at?” I asked not looking to him.

“What’s bothering you, Anthony?” He asked seriously.

“I really would rather not talk about it,” I looked away from him.

Between Alphas this was a truly embarrassing topic. An Alpha found their mate and marked them. Period. It was embarrassing for me to admit to my own Alpha Father  that I was too weak to take my mate.

“Stubborn. Just like our mother,” He chuckled. “Good thing with living with her for so long is that I learned a few things. So, speak,” He stood up tall.

I’m tall and have quite a bit of muscle to me. I am not going to lie I have been told I am intimidating, but I have nothing on my father. It showed as he towered over me.

“What are you talking about? Mom still gets whatever she wants from you,” I laughed looking at him.

“That’s true,” He sighed. “Your mother can be very persuasive,” He smirked.

“Gross,” I shivered.

“My father let out one of his bombing laughs. Sometimes I didn’t understand what my mother saw in him. It doesn’t matter anyway/ They were mates . . . they belonged together.