/21/

Lukes point of view

The next day

None of us had slept the entire night. Not me, not Michael, not Calum, not Ashton. Not Scott either. He couldn't stop himself from thinking that this was his fault. He had been calling the police all morning for signs of Hazel, but there was nothing. The policemen were willing to meet us though.

So we sat in our kitchen by the table, discussing Hazels disappearance.

"No signs?" Ashtons shaky voice said. The police shook their heads.

"Are you absolutely sure?" Scott cried and they nodded making him cry harder.

"We need all the names you can come up with of her friends and family." One of the policemen said.

"Uhm.. Alex from the hospital, Hannibal from the hospital... her mom but she don't seem to like her." I said trying to remember everyone.

"Scott? Did you have any family here in California?" Calum asked worriedly, but Scott shook his head.

"Archie Andrews.." Ashton cried. "Thats the name of a boy she seemed to like a lot."

The police left us to ourselves and our worries. They said they would try to talk to some of the people we had mentioned and I prayed to god that they would find her before anything happened to her.

Archies point of view

I stepped into our entry petting my dog Vegas as he came running to me.

"Dad! I'm home!" I yelled walking into the kitchen, dropping my bag on the floor of surprise.

"Hi, Archie." My dad say, acting like the policemen in front of him were absolutely no big deal, but he looked serious. "This is John and Sean. From Californias police."

"I see." I sat next to my dad.

"You see, miss Hazel Haskett went missing yesterday, last seen at 8 pm by her family." Sean said.

"No that's not true." I interrupted. "Hazel slept here tonight. She seemed heartbroken, and when she left this morning, she seemed like she was busy and in a hurry."

John nodded and took notes of my confession.

"Did she ever tell you why she was so heartbroken?"

"She had a fight with her brother." My dad said for me, and I nodded. 

2 Days later

I was going crazy. Hazel had still not been found but the police visited us Daily and I couldn't help but get more and more worried. It was scary, seeing the person I loved on the missing posters on the streets, on the news and in the papers.

Talking to her family was also hard but we talked together and prayed together. We searched together. Our neighbourhood and part of the town had met up yesterday for a searching organisation but no one had found anything.

everywhere I went, I thought I saw Hazel. Her jacket, her hair, but every time they turned around, it wasn't her. I had been attacked on the streets because I had chased a girl I thought was her but seemed to not be. I of course apologised.

"Dad, I think I'm going crazy." I said as I Came home that day. "Every time I go outside, I feel like Hazel is everywhere but she's never there for real."

"I think you are scared son, and I understand that. I am too." He brought me into his embrace, and comforted me like he always did when I was upset, scared or sad.