\4\

I choked out a cry as I finally realized what he had just told me. My dad had left the world. He had left Scott and I alone here, to ourselves. Calum had known that he was gone the entire time. All the times I had asked if they were okay, he had said they they were gonna be fine. Calum climbed into the bed with me and pulled me into his chest.

"I want Scott." I cried into him, feeling him stroke my hair.

"He needs to rest baby. He got a pretty bad concussion." Calum said. "And you need rest too."

He stood up from the bed and injected some medicine into my IV which I had just noticed I had. Within long, I was back asleep.

it was like it didn't mattered anymore. Like it would all be fine. It felt weird, but I was fine. But the peace would not last for long...

A week later

Calum had taken me to my dads funeral. It was a private, small one with his friends and family. Well I was the only family member here, because Scott was too far away and not able to go. I was in a wheelchair myself, and Calum had drugged me up on pain medicine making sure I wouldn't be in too much pain during the funeral. I didn't knew much about how Scott was doing, except he had a concussion. Thats all I knew. Every time I asked how Calum how Scott was doing he only said that he didn't knew more than I did.

Calum was holding my left hand as my dads coffin was lowered down into his grave. I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I watched. Calum quickly noticed and wiped it for me. He kissed my temple gently.

"Now we will sing one of Roberts favorite songs." The priest spoke starting the song that I immediately recognized as Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. His absolute favorite song. We had sung it in the car just 15 minutes before the car hit us. I tried to sing but Calum stopped me.

"Your ribs can't take singing yet." He whispered, making me just hum the words instead. After the funeral was over we stayed for a while until all the guest had gone home. I recognized a few of his friends as they went to me.

"Hi Zach, hi Ricky." I greeted the twins in front of me that my dad had known almost his entire life. A lifelong friendship more like brothers. Zach handed me the roses he was carrying and I smiled and nodded gratefully to him.

"They are beautiful. Thank you so much."

"We are so sorry for your loss." Ricky said. "You and Scott can always come to us if you need anything."

"Thank you." I smiled.

I looked at my dads grave as I finally was able to be her in silence without so many people. Just him, Calum and I. Calum squeezed my shoulder.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"As ready as possible I guess."

He wheeled me to the car the had driven me in, which were a van with special place for wheelchairs. We drove back to the hospital and Calum helped me into bed.

"Let's get you all healed up, and then we will figure something out." He said, kissing my forehead before leaving the room to let me sleep.