Surprise Me

Aurora's POV

" Don't move. Sit quietly." Eugene told me as he was making a sketch of mine.

" Ok. But it's not easy little one." I said.

" Try to keep sitting straight." He ordered.

" Ok, ok." I was sitting comfortably on the couch. He was sitting across me. " How long will it take?" I asked him.

" Depends." He said kept sketching.

" On what?" I asked him.

" On your patience." He said.

" Like what?" I asked him.

" Like if you don't move and keep clam we might finish it faster." He said. " If you keep moving it will take long." He said and I sighed.

" I will not move." I said and sat straight.

" Better." He said. I kept sitting and after an hour when my back was aching he declared it's finished. He came to me and gave me the he skectch signing on the corner of the sketch like a professional artist.

" It's beautiful." I said. He skectched me perfectly. I was surprised seeing how talented this kid was. I kissed on his forehead and he gave me a smile. I smile back. " You are very talented, little one." I said and he chuckled.

" Just another passion." He said to me.

" What is your aim in life?" I asked him and kept admiring how beautiful the sketch was in my mind. Perfectly skillful he was.

" No specific aim actually cause I know I have to continue our business. You can say that's my aim in life." He said to me like a matured person and I nodded. This boy is totally a mysterious maze.

" I can understand." I said. "What about Elyssa? Won't she join?" I asked him.

" I don't know. It's her choice. She can do anything she wants to do." He said.

" Alright then." I said.

" What's your plan for future?" He asked me sitting beside me.

" I don't know. I actually was studying law. Then I had to come here. Everything stopped there."I said and sighed. I don't know what to do in my life. I dropped out from University now. I don't know when I will be able to to continue or if I can ever continue.

" Why you had to come here?" He asked me. I looked at him totally out of words not knowing what to tell him. He was looking at me curiously. I was searching for a reason that I could tell him.

" I umm..there was a problem. You know a big problem. I needed to deal with it. So, I needed to leave it in between." I said.

" What kind of problem was it that you needed to leave it in between?" He asked me again.

" Umm.. very serious problem. If I stayed there then it would caused me harm." I said.

" Why would it cause you harm?" He asked again.

" It was an accidental case, Eugene. You know something bad happened there and she had to leave." I heard and turned to see it was Luke who was standing in the staircase.

" I see. You should start again. You know leaving studies in between in not a good thing." He said.

" Yes, she will soon start again. You go, Eugene. Elyssa is calling you." Luke said to Eugene. Eugene nodded and stood up.

" I will talk to you later." Eugene said and I nodded. He walked to the upstairs. Luke walked towards the kitchen and I decided to follow him.

" What are you doing?" I asked him. He turned and I saw his wearing the kitchen apron.

" Cooking. Or what will I do here?" He asked chuckling. I smiled as I was embarrassing myself. " But what are you doing here? Go play with the kids." He said.

" I am not a kid." I said.

" I can see you are not a kid." He said taking out stuffs from the freezer.

" Where is Aunt Lucy and your mom?" I asked him changing the topic.

" Went for shopping. Why didn't you join them?" He asked me.

" Oh, I didn't know they were going. Otherwise I would go." I said.

" They left early. May be you were sleeping then." He said taking out the knife. I was looking at him. For the first time I realized he was a devilishly handsome and dashing. Add his personality he was a perfect prince charming. I shook my head to pull myself out of my thoughts.

" Yeah, may be." I said.

" You can go and do what you want to do. I will call you all when the lunch will be ready." He said.

" I have nothing to do." I said and he turned to me. Then nodded.

" You can was TV then." He said.

" I got bored." I said. He sighed.

" Then you can sit there in the kitchen table and talk to me if you want to though I am not that good at making a conversation but I think you are. I am a good listener though. You can talk and I can listen." He said.

" Can I help you in cooking?" I dared to ask not knowing if he will get angry or not.

" Can you cook?" He asked me and I shook my head.

" I can't but I am interested in learning it. If someone guide me, I can definitely learn it." I said. He smiled.

" Alright. I will tell Aunty. She will help you." He said.

" So, can I help you?" I asked him.

" No, thanks. I will manage." He said smilingly. " If you get hurt like you cut your fingers or burn your hands then Mom will kill me and I don't want to die early. So, it best option for both of us if you stay away from the cooking stuffs until you learn it." He said and I pouted. Then sighed.

" Ok, you win I lose." I said and sat on the kitchen table. I kept looking at him. He was working as a professional chef. There is something which made these twins unique in their own ways.

" What do you think about starting your University again?" He asked me while chopping the vegetables.

" Here?" I asked him.

" Yeah." He said nodding.

" I don't know. How can I join here? I don't have any necessary stuffs with me." I said.

" I asked about your opinion. How, why, when that is not included." He said.

" I definitely want to continue my studies and get my degree." I said.

" That's what I wanted to know. See? It's not hard to answer." He said.

" What will you do?" I asked him.

" I will do something to help you as your friend." He said. I nodded. I was happy that he was trying to cope up with me. I really don't want to have an issue with Luke when he helped me so much. I am really grateful to him for everything I don't know how to repay. I kept looking at him. The person who surprised me in various ways.