Can We Pretend to be Normal? (Part 1)

*"They're getting out of the cab now!" Yoriko screamed. She hearded Hinami, Ayato, Yomo, her husband Takomi, Uta, Urie, Saiko, Nishki, Kimi, Juuzo, Banjo and Tsuikiyama all under the banner.

(A/N I know that's a lot of people but keep up bitches! (I'm so sorry. I just wanted a big party. We go all out in the Kaneki household.))

The banner read 'It's a girl' in big pink letters. Cupcakes, fruit, macaroons, cakes, and all kind of sweets covered the kitchen counter. Presents overflowed on the coffee table, onto the floor.

♢ "This is dumb," Ayato complained. 

* "So are you, but you don't see me getting in your face about it." Everyone laughed, "SHUT UP!" 

The whole room went silent. Everyone stood completely still. They heard a rustling at the door, a key slowly turning the knob. The door opened reviling a young couple.

"Surprise!" Everyone cheered-- except for Urie and Ayato who thought they were too cool to be having fun. Juuzo had stuffed to many cupcakes in his face to cheer along.

The couple just stood their for a moment of shocked silence, before looking at each other and laughing.

"Thanks you guys," Ken laughed.

"Yoriko, did you do all this?" Touka gestured towards the room.

*"Yes! but before you thank us yet." Yoriko gestured towards the hallway. "Mr. America!"

~ "I like that," Hide walked from the hallway holding a very relatively large giftbag in his hands.

"Hide" Ken gave Hide a hug. (A/N No homo bro) "How was America?"

~ "American's are freaking crazy, and kind of rude too-- but things went really well at the lectures. Oh! and I got you some gifts." He handed Ken the present. "Yomo probably already got you this stuff, but it didn't feel right to come back empty handed."

Ken held the gift bag open and let Touka pull out a light blue rattle with pale yellow ducks, a binky with a picture of a watermelon at it's handle, and American candies.

~ "I know you guys can't enjoy the candy, but foreign sweets are always just cool to see. OH! there is one more thing in the bag."

Touka pulled out a children's book with a cover that looked like this:

It read "Dragon War" by Hideyoshi Nagachika.

~"It's about the Dragon war. You know just less violent, and slightly inaccurate."

"This is amazing!" Touka said, flipping threw the pages.

"We know you didn't draw this," Ken joked.

~"Yeah, I meet a few illustrators in America

~"Yeah, I meet a few illustrators in America. It's amazing what people will do for you when they find out you know Ken Kaneki, the One Eyed Dragon himself."

"It's wonderful," Touka and Ken embraced Hide.

~"Anything for you two."

At this point everyone began to break off in tiny conversations, enjoying Yoriko's cooking or Yomo's coffee.

*"I have a gift too!" Yoriko cheered with Takeomi at her side-- handing them a huge present.

"This is ugh..." Touka began.

*"You don't have to open it now. It's just a cutting board, some knives, and a peeler. I know you guys don't have a lot of cooking stuff, but your daughters got to eat right?"

"Thank you, Yoriko." Touka said, setting down the gifts at the coffee table.

Takeomi and Ken shook hands. "It has been a long time." 

"I heard your working at the TSC," Ken said. "How's that?"

"It's been really good," He laughed a little. "Honestly, it's way better then the CCG, and I'm working with Urie and Saiko everyday-- which is... interesting to say the least."

Ken laughed. "How is Saiko?"

"Maman!" Someone hugged Ken from behind and spun in front of him. "I missed you Maman!" She hugged him harder. She jumped to Touka and tackled her into a hug. "I can feel the baby kicking!" Saiko awed.

"She does that a lot," Touka laughed.

"Yonebayashi!" Urie walked towards them with his hands in his pocket. "Don't overwhelm them."

"It's fine," Ken laughed. "It has been so long Associate Special Class Peacekeeper Kuki Urie. I heard you're captain of the next generation of Q's. Are they as difficult as the first?"

Urie gave the slightest hint of a smile, but it faded as soon as it came. "They're not too bad. Just young and stupid like all of us were. Yonebayashi been's helping a lot in the education of the Q's."

"She's basically the mascot of the operation." Takeomi said, patting Saiko on the back.

"What can I say? The kids love me."

"What about you?" Urie aked. "Are you joining the TSC."

"I got offered a position as an Associate Special Class Peacekeeper for the 20th ward, but I think I might turn it down for a part time position."

"Why would you turn that down?" Urie almost sounded angry. "You're an amazing investigator, don't you think you owe it to Japan to use your strength."

Ken wrapped his fingers around Toukas. "It would be too much time away from home."

Urie looked like he wanted to argue; Ken put a hand on his shoulder.

"Urie, I understand why you would disagree, but I've been thinking long and hard about this decision, and all I want-- more then position, or honor, or duty-- it to give my daughter a good life."

"I can respect that."

"Who knows," Ken continued. "Maybe she will join the TSC too."

"Over my dead body." Touka growled.