Suicide

Touka was only looking in her closet for a comfortable shirt to wear to bed. She never thought she would see a crumpled piece of lined paper under a few dirty cloths. 

She slowly unraveled the letter. The writing was unmistakable, although unkempt. 

It was her husbands handwriting.

The letter read:

To whom it May Concern,

My name is Ken Kaneki, and I've decided to end my life tonight. 

This isn't an act of aggression or vengeance towards any one. I just feel like I don't have a place here anymore and I don't think I ever did. 

I'd prefer to choose my end before the end finds me and I use to be so afraid to write something like this but I'm not scared. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not here to prove some grand point in order to justify why I did this or what was my ultimate purpose for coming into this world because I've concluded that I never found my purpose. 

I tried my absolute hardest to push those feelings of worthlessness off of me but I can't fight it anymore.  

This was for me and I know this is selfish.

To my daughter, I know how much it sucks to grow up without a father, but trust me living without one is better then having a parent who makes you feel like you're anything less then perfect. While I have never met you, you mean the world to me. While I have ever met you, you are perfect and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I know you're perfect because you are half your mother and I know you'll be just like her. Strong, independent, and not afraid to let love in. I'm sorry I could not be their when you took your first breath.

To Touka, I know this is going to hit you the hardest and I don't want to be anymore of a burden. I love you so fucking much and I wish you could hold me tonight when I take my last breath. Above everyone else, you meant the most. You didn't give up on me. I'm asking you to please move on from my passing and let yourself live again. Life can be so beautiful and while my memories will linger, I checked out a long time ago.I love all of you so much and i'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry.

Goodbye.

"

The end of the letter read "October 14th, 23:39" but touka's world blurred as tears spilled from her eyes.

~~~~~~~

this suicide note was based off of this video.

(it's an amazing video, give it a listen.)