One

I sighed and checked my phone then realized I had to go for that tour of the house I work in. Some paranormal group was coming to investigate and I was asked to both share my experiences and give them a tour, since I had the worst experiences so far. I went to my room and took a deep breath as I opened my closet and got dressed in the outfit I had chosen for today.

I went out to my black Dodge charger then I drove to work and saw the crew already here but they were in the middle of interviewing my boss

I went out to my black Dodge charger then I drove to work and saw the crew already here but they were in the middle of interviewing my boss. I got out and went towards them then the girl with them smiled.

"I'm Ashley."

"Evelina Nilsson." She smiled and shook my hand then the interview finished.

"Evelina!" I turned and smiled at Dave, my boss, then he came over.

"This is Zak Bagans, Nic Groff, and Aaron Goodwin. Guys, this is Evelina Nilsson. She's our head tour guide-"

"Sorry to interrupt but are you Swedish?" I laughed and nodded.

"I'm half. My grandparents came here from Sweden and my dad found my mom here so she took his last name since it's so unique." I said and Zak smiled.

"That really is unique. So, you're the next interview and our tour guide?" I nodded and cleared my throat.

"Whenever you boys are ready." I said and started shifting my weight.

"Let's get you a mic then we will be." Aaron said and I nodded then he had me string the cable through my shirt and to the mic pack Nic clipped to my shorts in the back.

"Alright, let's go inside." Zak said and we went inside but I stopped at the base of the stairs.

"So, we're now inside the house of local rancher John McGee who-"

"Zak, hold on. Evelina, are you okay?" Nic asked and I nodded then wiped my hands on my shorts as Zak looked at me.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not comfortable near the steps." I said and glanced at them then Zak looked at the stairs then me.

"Would you tell me what happened?" I nodded and cleared my throat.

"I uh, I was walking up the steps with a tour group. We were about halfway up when I was pushed over the railing and fell onto this side table here. I ended up spraining my neck, breaking my ankle, and I even split my head open." I said and his eyes widened.

"So you were thrown over the side of the stairs and ended up in the hospital?" I nodded and he looked at the steps then seemed to step closer to me.

"If I went up with you-"

"No." I said and he stopped.

"What?"

"I won't go up those stairs, I refuse to unless I'm basically hugging the wall." I said and he nodded.

"Then we'll start downstairs." I nodded and led them to the living room.

"So, this is where Mr McGee died when his dog attacked him for seemingly no reason. His children were there watching and based on the stories from the newspapers, his wife simply stood by and laughed as he screamed for help."

"What? Are you serious?" I nodded and went to the mantle.

"Here is the photo of John with his English mastiff-"

"Wait, he had an English mastiff?!" I nodded and Aaron stepped back.

"Dude, that dog can kill you in seconds!"

"Actually, it's said that John was alive for minutes choking on his own blood." I said and led them to the kitchen.

"After John died, his wife Isabelle didn't show the signs of a grieving woman which led people to suspect she somehow commanded their dog to murder her husband. One of the children came into the kitchen and, in a blind rage, he murdered his mother at the sink. When she was found, the children cried that someone broke in and murdered their mother. The only reason they found out it was the child was because a neighbor saw the child stab his mother in the back. It's said Isabelle laid over the sink bleeding out after her death for at least a week." I said and Nic went closer to the sink.

"Is this the original sink?"

"The entire house is original. The only thing we changed was the railing of the stairs. It was cracked when I fell over it and because of that, it was both a safety risk and it was actually molding on the inside." I said and their eyes widened.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! So when you fell, you not only hurt yourself but you hit the railing hard enough to crack it?" I nodded and Zak looked at the cameras then me.

"That's solid-"

"Solid oak wood that isn't easy to break, it's why I also cracked my ribs. To this day, I have breathing problems." I said and Zak ran his hands over his face.

"This is already amazing. Not you being hurt, just the activity!" He said and I laughed as the guys teased him about it. Finally, we went to the room I hated the most on the bottom floor: the guest room.