Eyes on Me

CHAPTER 1- The Interview

Louis's POV

I can't do this, but I have to do this... But I cant. Today is the bands first interview with Good Morning America and my nerves are a out of control.

I usually don't get nervous for interviews, or shows, or anything really. But this one was different for some reason... I just don't know why. Well, we did just release our new album and this is our first interview since our last tour. Im just so scared..... My palms are now sweating uncontrollably so I quickly wipe then across my legs. I haven't told any of the boys about my anxiety for the coming day and I don't plan to. No need to worry them for no reason. "LOUIS! Time to go!" Liam screams at me from outside my room. We have all been staying in a temporary, yet gorgeous, house in the Hamptons for the remainder of our time in New York. "I'm c-coming!" I yell back at him. I straighten myself up, take a deep breath, and shoot out of my room before I can over think it. I sprint down the stairs and nearly crash into Niall as he, slowly and tiredly, makes his way down the stairs as well. Mumbling apologies, I run outside and hop into the waiting car before even Liam arrives. Once Zayn, Harry, Niall, Liam and I have all gotten ourselves strapped in, the driver pulls out of our driveway and begins the trip to the studio. 

*an hour later*

That drive was unbearable. Not only am I the only one nervous, but the other boys seemed almost bored at the thought of this interview. Honestly, why am I so nervous??

"Louis!" Harry says tearing me from my thoughts.

"y-yeah??" I ask, trying to control my shaky voice.

"Are you alright mate? You seem pretty shook up." 

"Y-yeah Harry I'm f-fine. Just a little nervous I g-guess."

"Nervous? Why? We've done these interviews a million times before." Harry says with a questioning, yet worried expression.

"I don't know... I'm just on edge today." Lie. That was a lie, and I know it. But I cant really explain my anxiousness so I cover it up. Harry then took my hand in his and gives it a reassuring squeeze. He smiled down at me and suddenly my nerves dissipated. I relax a little and squeezed his hand back, as if to show I'm okay. We then all stepped out of the car and into a hidden parking lot underneath the studio. We make our way all the way to the elevator before I realized I'm still clutching Harry's hand.

We hold hands a lot, but I can't help but feel a hint of shyness this time. I quickly pull my hand away and look down at my shoes in embarrassment so he hopefully won't notice the light blush on my cheeks. He seems relaxed and completely normal so I calm myself. Why did I get so embarrassed about holding his hand this time? I alway hold his hand, he's my best mate! But this time felt.... Different. I brush it off, but in the back my mind I still don't understand what possessed me to feel so.. Awkward this time. A rushed man of about twenty approached us once we were out of the elevator. "You're on in 15 minutes boys." the nervousness returned. I wanted so badly to reach for Harry's hand again, but I was reluctant.

So I simply played with my suspenders in an antsy manner until they call us onto the stage. I begin to walk towards the set, when Harry steps in front of me, blocking my way. He places his palms against my chest to make sure I don't move forward, and where he touches me tingles explode sending chills down my spine. I can't explain that... I mean it's just Harry.... Right? Why would his touch send chills through me? He stops my thoughts by staring into my eyes intently with his green orbs. I freeze and he says, " Listen Lou, if you get nervous during this interview just... Try imagining that it's just us there and we're all just talking. If that doesn't help... Well... Just keep your eyes on me. Okay? Just keep your eyes on me and I'll calm you down." I slowly grasp what he says and my nerves disappear. As if his presence is now so comforting that I can simply feel his touch and be relaxed. He moves away, winking at me, and takes his place on stage. I quickly follow him and the rest of the lads as we all take our seats and await the interviewer to begin the show. The show begins, and as the interviewer is taking all I can hear is blah blah blah blah. I'm not listening to one word. I let the other boys answer the questions that I don't have to and I just remain silent. Suddenly the interviewer turns to me and say " So Louis, I heard you wrote a song on this album. Tell us about your inspiration?" What? Huh? What did she just say? I hadn't heard a word so I just stated blankly at her, pretending to contemplate the question. What should I say? Ask her to repeat it? No, it's been to long to say that... Think Louis! Think! Just then Harry piped up and said " Well I think Louis... Blahblahnlah ." Harry saved me! He answers my question and I just nod until the interview is over. We say our goodbyes to the interviewers and head off the stage. Once I get off the stage, Harry turns to me and gives me a proud smile. I wink at him and mouth thank you before I step on to the elevator. We get back into the parking lot and in an instant were speeding back to our house. We have no more appearances today so we get it to ourselves. Once we arrive home, all the boys and I run inside, excited to have a free day. 

We all pile on the couch and watch Toy Story.

" Who wants a snack?" Niall asks us from the kitchen. 

"i do!!" says Liam

"Me too!!!" says Zayn.

"If you want food come get it!" Niall says teasingly. Liam and Zayn both run up into the kitchen, leaving me alone with Harry. Harry moved over to me, laying his head on my lap. I mindlessly brush my hands through his thick curls. He grabs my hand and sleepily says" Your welcome Boobear." 

"For what Haz?"

"For saving your lazt ass back at that interview!"

"Oh right... I'm sorry I spaced. Thank you again Haz."

"Yeah yeah. You know I'm an amazing friend." he says matter-of-factly.

"Okay Haz..." Harry then turned to face me. He stated deeply into my eyes with his beautiful green ones. Wait.. Beautiful? Harry's eyes weren't beautiful! Well they were... But no! Guys aren't beautiful and Harry wasn't beautiful! What am I saying? I'm snapped back into reality when Harry gives me a sweet yet questioning smile. "What are you thinking Lou?" Harry asks. There they are again. Those butterflies in stomach. They take over my being and make my limbs feel like jello. He touches my arm and I get uncontrollable chills all through my body. Goosebumps rise where he touched. He seems to pick up on this, and he moves away. "Let's go get a snack." he says and he stands and walks away. I'm left alone staring at the place on my arm where he touched me. What is wrong with me? I can't feel this way towards Harry? Wait.. What way am I meaning? I can't... Like like Harry! That's ridiculous! Then why is this happening to me.... I've never felt so nervous and drawn to a mere touch before. I snap out of my thoughts and go to join the boys in the kitchen. 

Nialls POV

Harry walked into the kitchen and Louis quickly followed him. "Took you two long enough! What were you doing?" I ask them. Harry shrugs and Louis looks down at his feet, a slight blush evident on his cheeks. What was up with him? Louis walked over to me and stole a chip from the bag I was holding. He giggled and popped it into his mouth, a large grin on his face. Usually I would tackle and murder ANYONE who touched my food, but Louis was different. Louis is adorable, sweet, gorgeous, funny, sexy, smart.... I'm in love. I've loved Louis for about 4 months now, and everyday where I can't hold him, kiss him, love him... Is torture. I so badly want to just tell him how I feel but... I don't want to mess anything up. I treasure our friendship so much and I couldn't stand to lose him, but everyday it gets harder. 

Alright I admit it... I'm also afraid of rejection. I just couldn't live anymore if I couldn'tt have him in my life. Right now I'm just trying to be glad that I have him in the small way that I do. Even if it's not what I really want... The boys all finish their snacks and we head into the living room to play some video games. I'm not really in the mood to play myself... So I just watch and cheer everyone on. They start playing Mario kart and I can't help but stare at Louis's amazed expressions at the game and how much joy he gets from it. God he was gorgeous... "Niall, it's rude to stare." Louis said at me with a wink. I looked down in embarrassment. I hadn't thought he could see me... But I was caught. 

"Sorry mate I was just... Watching you play. GO LOUIS!" I said a little to quickly. He laughed and kept playing. Pretty soon it got dark out and Liam sent us all to bed. I went up to Liam's room and sat on his bed waiting for him. Liam walked in and smiled at me. "Niall are you alright?" he asked concerned. 

"Yeah... But everyday just keeps getting... Harder." I said shyly. Liam is the only one who knows how I feel about Lou. I didn't tell him... But about 3 months ago he figured it out and has been helping me get through the days. " Niall, you have to tell him."

"Are you crazy!? I can't tell him! It would ruin everything!" I yell at him.

"Niall... You're becoming more depressed everyday. This isn't worth it. Just tell him." I look down because I know he's right. This is torture. I have to tell him... I just don't know how to. " Liam... How am I supposed to tell him? Just walk up in front of everyone and say,'Hey Louis, I'm in love with you. Dont feel awkward.' I can't do that!" I say.

"Okay hold on." Liam says as he pulls out his phone. He steps in the bathroom and make a couple calls, then returns to me with a proud smile. "Okay I called management and I got us TWO WEEKS OFF! Sometime soon you need to talk to Louis." Liam says triumphantly. "I-I... Thank you." is all I can say. I don't want Liam to notice how nervous I am. I hug him then walk out and into my room.