Chapter ~Seventeen~

HEY HEY HEY!!!! WHATS UP!!!! THE ROOOOF!!! NAH, JK. ANYWAY!!!!!

Okay…So, guess what?!?!? It's pretty important, because I'm not even using caps! *GASP!* SO, I'm pretty sure this story is going to be done in…about…TEN CHAPTERS!!! I have the next four chapters ready, but me no upload until I feel like it! MUAHAHAHA!!!!! well, I have EVERYTHING planned out!!!!!

OKAY, ENOUGH TALK ABOUT THE BIRDS AND THE BEES. JUST GOT 2,000 READS!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!! AND 100 VOTES AND COMMENTS!!!!!!!!SO PWEEEAAASSE!!!!! I REEALLY WANT AT LEAST 100 MORE READS, OR I WONT UPLOAD QUICKLY!!!

K, READ ON YOOOO AWESOME SEXI PINEAPPLES!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:~* RYDER *~:.

I loved it when he smiled for real, and that means when he’s not faking it like at the café. And when he laughs…ugh, I get happy. Really happy, if you know what I mean. He started giggling and god, it was so cute I had to walk away just to calm myself.
            Then the freaking bitch came. What the hell was wrong with Jonah? What did Nate do? Nothing! I swear, one of these days, we’ll be playing soccer and I’m going to be kicking more than just the soccer balls.
            Whatever. That didn’t matter right now. What mattered was that he looked extremely nice today with his fitted jeans and long-sleeve.
            My gaze trailed down his jaw line to his lips. Soft. It took half my gut just to peck his cheek the other day, before rushing off. His skin is just so much like a girls. I could just imagine pressing his lips with my own….
            Maybe I shouldn’t think that, considering how … happy… I seemed at the moment.
             “How did you find my house?” He asked with a tilt of his head. Oh god, calm down Ryder.
            “Kristy texted me. What I want to know is how she got my number.”
            “That girl is crazy.” He sighed. “Look, I really have to work today, and–”
            “Kristy told Mrs. Clair you’re taking the day off.” I ratted.
            His jaw dropped. “What?! I swear, that girl needs her own life. Oh well, sometimes the drug store downtown let’s me work-“
            “No!” I interrupted. “You are not working!”
            “I need–”
            “The money, I know.” I plucked two twenties from my pocket and shoved it in his hand. “What’s this?” He asked like I was an idiot.
            “Money. And that, is the before payment. Since you are obviously against having fun, I guess the only choice is to pay you, to hang out. Forty to begin with and the final payment after, if you have fun on our date.”
            He was shaking his head wildly. “No! That’s ridicules! Have you lost your mind? I can’t just take someone’s money, I have to work for it–”
            “I thought you needed the money, and you are working for it, by hanging out.”
            He looked me straight in the eye. “I’m not the kind of person to take money for my own needs.”
            I smiled a little. He was so serious. “I know. And that’s why we’re going to make this the best day ever!” I sang the last part like SpongeBob.
            “Have you been watching SpongeBob?”
             I nodded. “You caught me. I was trying to brainstorm ideas for this date, and watched the five hour marathon for inspiration.”
            His eyes widened and his face flushed deeply. “We’re not going on a…a date.”
            “Right right. You’ll be working and I’ll be paying, I forgot. Let’s go.”
            Being the stronger one, I led him gently toward my mom’s car. Who needed a license? I pushed him into the passenger seat and buckled him in before rushing to my side and driving off before he could get out.
            “This is considered kidnapping.”
            “It’s only kidnapping when it’s against your will.”
            “This is against my will. I’m pretty sure I didn’t willingly get in your car.”
            “Yeesh, make me sound like a pedophile why don’t you? Come on, you know you’d rather hang out with me than work.” I smiled at him in the mirror. He bit his lip. Haha, I knew that gesture, he was overthinking it and knew it was true.
            “Where are we going?” He asked with a sigh.
            “Somewhere cold, so you can wear the jacket.” I inclined my head to my sweater in his arms. I swear I saw him bite his lip again but it was gone before I could see it. He shrugged. I paid a good thirty percent of my attention on the road, and the other seventy stopping myself from grinning every time I felt him glance at me.
            “Where are we going exactly?” He looked at our surroundings as we speeded away from town.
            “Almost there.” A building came up on our right. It was large with a small parking lot surrounding it. I parked close to the entrance and ran around the car to open the door for him. He looked at me strangely but I only smiled.
            This was, after all, a date.
            “Tada!” I pulled him to the entrance and paid the thirty-dollar entry for both of us. I was loaded. Mom, coincidentally, gave me a three hundred dollar budget for this evening. I would get a restraining order against Kristy if she somehow got my moms number and told her about today.
            “Why are we at a skating rink?” He asked. I got skates for both of us and sat him on one of the benches so I could begin tying my laces.
            “My mom used to bring me here when I was little. I’m assuming you don’t know how to skate, so for the next three hours, you’re going to be a kid again.”
            “Are you sure it’s not because that episode of SpongeBob skating came on?”
            “That inspired it.”
            I finished tying my second skate and found him struggling to make it tight enough. I grinned and took his skate and put it in my lap to tie. Aw, I just love seeing him blush at our positions.
            “Come on.” I drawled and took his hand to guide him to the rink. He must have never skated before; he was wobbling like it was his first steps. I hope he doesn’t get hurt.
             “Ready?” I asked.
            “Wait, I don’t think–”
            “Let’s go.” I pulled him out onto the ice. He yelped and grasped onto my arm.
            Hell yeah.
            “It’s okay, just move your feet like this.” I took a couple strides. He stared at the ice before taking small little steps. I laughed. “Come on.”
            It took a while before he finally decided he wouldn’t fall anytime soon. I wouldn’t let that happen. Soon he started laughing at me as I showed off skating backwards and swivels mom taught me. We took a break by the wall and played with the shaved ice.
            “Wow.” He breathed. “She’s good.”
            I followed his gaze to the center of the rink where a girl in one of those figure outfits was practicing her jumps and spins. I whistled as she landed without hesitation.
            We watched as she skated in a graceful circle and shifted her weight so naturally. She slowed down to catch her breathe and caught our eye. Great, we probably look like stalkers. She smiled and skated over.
            “Hi.” She breathed, still catching her breath.
            “Hey.” I said. Nathan smiled politely. He really didn’t know how to talk to people other than at the café, did he?
            “Like my routine?” She laughed.
            “Yeah, you’re awesome.”
            “Thanks.” She chewed on her lip and glanced at me and I realized she was flirting. I’ll admit she was hot. I mean, hey, I was bi so I can acknowledge both genders. She touched my arm and commented, “You know, you’d be a really good at this.”
            “You think?” I laughed. “I’d probably fall on my face if I even tried to do what you did.”
            “I could teach you.” She tilted her head slightly. Yes, she was very attractive, and obviously had a thing for me.
            “Wouldn’t that be interesting–” I smirked as she came closer.
            I was about to continue when I realized Nathan staring at the girl and me.
            Holy.
            Crap.
            I was flirting. Right in front of him. He looked down at his skates and I swear he looked annoyed but covered it up quickly. I could never tell with him, but right now I knew he was hurt. He shuffled backwards and I realized I was being really stupid right now.
            Great going Ryder.
            You’re flirting with some girl on your date.
            Fan-fucking-tastic.
            “-but I’d have to pass on that offer.” I smiled sweetly at her and stopped Nathan from going away. I pulled him to my side and stated very clearly, “I’m on a date.”
            She looked at Nathan and back at me as she realized what I meant. She blushed madly but made a face before clucking her tongue and looking at Nate like he was nothing. “Too bad. I’d have been much more fun.” She winked and I rolled my eyes. Now she was just annoying.
            “Doubt that.” Before I could back down, I cupped his face and gently pushed my lips with his.
            Oh. My. God.
            Pure bliss. That was the only way to describe it. I’ve kissed him once, but that wasn’t the same. This time, I savored the way his soft lips felt against my own. I felt like I died and went to heaven. Twice. He was too shocked to react, but I didn’t care.
            It felt right. His soft pink lips; it fit perfectly with my own.
            “Ugh!” The girl stomped her skate and skid away. I wasn’t paying attention any more.
            I kissed him.
            I kissed my Nate.
            I pulled apart reluctantly and faced him. His eyes were so large and innocent. I smiled.
            “You…just…why…” He breathed. My smile grew a little bigger and I rested my forehead against his.
            “That girl was annoying me, and I couldn’t resist anymore.” I let my lips brush his nose and he got even more flustered, “You’re not scared.” I whispered. He trembles when he’s touched, but so far, none of that has happened today.
            He looked so confused, but then the argument in his mind seemed disappear as if he was saying, ‘you know what? I don’t care anymore. I’m focusing on the moment’ and he…
            And oh my god, he smiled. It wasn’t fake, or polite, just a true smile only he could make.
            It was beautiful.
            He blushed and tried to stop smiling but I pouted. I pinched his cheeks and pulled it back to make him smile. He cocked an eyebrow and I laughed. He looked so cute and hilarious! My god, I’m turning into a girl. Please, please don’t turn me into someone like Kristy…
            “I want to see your smile.” I whined. He flicked my hands away.
            “Pleeease?” I begged. I do not care that I sounded like a child. His mouth twitched and I decided to take it one step further. “Pretty please? If you do, I’ll make Marcus and Kristy go out.”
            He erupted in laughter and there it was again, his beautiful smile.

~~~~~~~~~

>____<