Chapter ~Eleven~

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoever is reading this, I should let you know........I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Chapter eleven! Can you believe it?! I CAN! Guess what?! I have it all written out to chapter fifteen! But, I wont be posting until...probably next week? Or later? UNLESS, I get FIVE comments on this one! Last on I only got 2...*TEAR*

Love you all, ESPECIALLY MY NATHIAN THAT JUST FOUND OUT THE HORRIBLE WORD 'FaG' MEANS 'GaY' I think I mentioned he didn't know what it meant before...

Anyway, vote, comment, fan (dont know what that means...), CHEERS FOR CHAPTER ELEVEN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m not like that.” I said feeling a flush creep up my cheeks.
            He laughed. “I know.”
            “Why would they call me that?”
            He shifted uncomfortably. “Well, you do look cute, like a girl. And you do work in a café.”
            “But–”
            “It’s just a word. They call everyone they dislike fags.” I nodded slowly. “So, if you’re not gay, got any girls in mind?” He asked with a slight smile. But there was something strange in his eyes, as if he wanted me to answer no.
            Then again, no was the truth. “I’ve never had time for relationships.”
            He blinked and asked, “You’ve never had a girlfriend?” I shook my head. Maybe I was imagining it, but I thought I saw him resist a smile.
            “Oh.” Was all he said.

.~*~. RYDER .~*~.

Hell yeah! I can be his first!
            That sounded weird. Again. But I feel bad for him. All he does is work. He literally doesn’t have a life. All because of his messed up situation.
            But, I was still happy. If he’s never had a girlfriend, and never even thought about a girl in that way, there’s still a chance he could be gay–or at least bi. “You know you just might be gay.”
            Aw, cute. He blushed. “I–no, I’m not.” He stuttered.
            “You sure?” I smirked. “Have you ever looked at a guy in that way?”
            He shook his head, obviously embarrassed.
            Well, time to find out.

.~*~. NATHAN .~*~.

He had this sly smile. I felt my face grow warm. Why was he looking at me as if I was amusing? What was he thinking?
            Suddenly he leaned forward and I couldn’t back up any further when I hit the backboard. He crawled over between my legs and brushed my cheek.
            I jumped and tried to push him away. What was he doing?
            I knew my face was red and my heartbeat became quick. I shrunk back as he leaned forward and rested his forehead against mine.
            Memories of Mr. Steven bounced in my mind and I shut my eyes. His hand cupped my face, and he said, “Are you sure you’re not?” Not…? He brushed the hair out of my face and I winced at his cold touch. He paused and spoke, “Sorry. Listen, I’m not going to hurt you like he did.”
            And I believed him.
            He smirked as he pulled away, pulling me with him, and turned so we were lying down and not sitting against the headboard. He leaned down, and I couldn’t manage anything other than a whimpered, “Stop.”
            So he did. He looked at me in the eye and smiled. He knew I said stop not because I didn’t like it, but because I had no idea what was happening.
            He went back and I pushed myself up. I placed a hand over my chest. My heart was going wild.
            What the heck? “What was that?” I asked a little feverish.
            He shrugged. “Just wondering if you were really straight.” Before I could say anything, he continued, “If that got your heart racing, my guess is your not. How about some food? I’m starving.”
            He held open the door and I followed a little in a daze. And confusion. What just happened here?
            What…uh…does that mean he’s…
            “It’s fine though, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, in fact…” He shook his head and laughed.
            What? Was I the only one completely confused about what he was saying?
_
_
I kept my distance from him and kept an eye out as well. Maybe he was just teasing me, taking advantage of my sickness and keeping me in his house. Speaking of which.
            “When can I go home?”
            “When your better. Mom said you could stay over tonight.”
            “I’m better.” I muttered.
            He smiled slightly. “I know the difference between a fever flush and a cute blush. Eat your sandwich.”
            I looked down at the packed sandwich that would surely keep me going for at least two days. I took a bite and it was delicious.
            “We’ll probably have this again for dinner, or noodles since that’s all I can make. Mom will be home late.”
            “I can cook.” I offered. I’ve always cooked, my whole life.
            “Oh, right.” He nodded then put down his food.  “You can get started if you want, everything’s in the cabinets. I’m going to take a shower.”
            I nodded in agreement. He left and I finished half the sandwich before getting to work. The cabinets were stocked with high priced items I would not have been able to use if I had not worked at the café.
            Something simple. Chicken? I got everything from the freezer and pantry and proceeded to heating the stove with a pot above, making the barbecue chicken.
            “Smells amazing.” A low voice said from behind. I turned around. Mattson leaned against the doorframe watching me.
            “Just making dinner while Ryder’s in the shower.” I said. He detached himself and looked over the pot, pushing against me.
            “Lucky.” He muttered and smiled. “May I help? I was just about to head home, but I’d love to stay a bit longer.”
            “Are you sure?” I asked.
            He nodded. “That’s what friends are for.”
            Friends. I don’t have friends. There’s no time, yet is Mattson one? Kristy is one, and the very few adults, I guess.
            I thought of Ryder. Is he my friend? I don’t think he thinks of me like that. But then why did he…God, I’ve never been more confused in my life.
            “Can I ask you something?”
            “Sure.” I had given him the job of stirring the pot and he stopped, putting the glass lid over the pot and turning to me. I leaned against the counter and dried my wet hands.
            “Have you ever…liked someone?” I asked and felt stupid.
            “Liked someone?” A small smirk played his lips as he looked at me. “Yeah.”
            “How do you know when you like them?” I asked and played with the hand towel.
            “Well, when you think about them all the time. When they are near, you get nervous and your heart races into the sunset.” He says dramatically. I laughed a little and he looked at me, suddenly serious. “When all you want is to be with them.”
            I nodded, and then shook my head. Could I be turning for Ryder? I thought about him, yes, most of the time as a bipolar idiot. My heart certainly began to race when he leaned in close. And I felt safe being with him.
            Suddenly he closed the space and I was pushed against the counter. He grabbed my right hand and held me still.
            “W…what are you…?” Uncomfortably I tried to evade his face but he let himself settle in the crook of my neck.
            “When all you want to do,” He murmured in my neck. It sent a chill down my spine but I didn’t like it. “Is touch them.”
            His other hand traced my jaw and held it as he kissed underneath. He pushed himself against me and I was too shocked and fearful to say anything. His hand left my face to trail down to my waist and followed slowly under my shirt.
            “Sto…st–” His kissed the corner of my mouth just as my back arched from his touch on my back. He pushed himself against me and I felt caught, but in a different way. I felt him smile against my skin and he whispered, “And all I want to do is make you mine.” His breath was centimeters away from colliding with my own.
            My left hand moved desperately for something to use to push him away, resting for a moment too long on the hot burner.
            I cried in pain and pulled away, holding my hand to my chest. He tried to look at the burn but I kept it fiercely to myself. Maybe if it were my right hand I’d allow him to help. But it was my left, and there was something I’d rather him not see right below my hand.
            “Let me see, are you okay?” He tried again and I turned completely so he had no chance.
            I felt tears prick my eyes and I shut it. A few stupid tears failed to stay hidden and escaped down my cheek. Ugh, I was crying. I hated crying.
            “What the hell did you do?” Ryder growled as he stormed into the kitchen. He was shirtless with an enraged expression. I turned sheepishly to look at him and he did a double take at the few tears that slipped.
            He punched Mattson in the face.
            Then he put a protective arm around me and brought me in, where his other hand carefully took hold of my own to examine the burn.
            “What did he do? How bad does it hurt?” He whispered.
            “I’m fine.” I croaked. He ran a light finger over a tender spot and I shut my eyes.
            “Go.” He said in a dark voice full of venom at Mattson. “Don’t you ever touch or come near him again. I swear I’ve said that more than once already.”
            Mattson backed away and left, not before he winked slyly at me. Ryder saw and his fists bunched. I shied away into his arms and hid my face in his chest.
            “Hey, it’s not that bad.” He whispered soothingly as he pulled my hand under the cold running water. “It might sting for a while though.”
            I nodded and allowed him to inspect the slight burn. I’ve been getting hurt a lot lately. On top of that, I’m not working or going to school!
            “What was he doing?” Ryder asked gently as he grabbed some ice and put it in a baggie, wrapping a cloth around it and pressing it against my fingers.
            “Nothing.”
            “Yeah right.” He grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes. “What did he do?”
            For a moment I couldn’t respond because of how sincere and deep his grey eyes were. I opened my mouth and closed it again. I had a feeling if I told him anything, he would get upset. But he was already upset, and he looked like he would die if he didn’t know.
            “He…um,” I gulped and looked away feeling my face heat up. “He touched me…a little bit.” His eyes grew dark and I quickly added. “But…he was just…” I trailed off, realizing I didn’t really know what he had been doing.
            “Why did he do that?”
            “I was asking him…” Oh great. I was asking him to clarify my feelings for Ryder. I couldn’t tell Ryder that!
            “Ask him?”
            I gave up and mumbled, “How you know when you like someone.” He looked a little shock but regained his composure and nodded for me to continue. “Uh, then he answered. And, um, then he got a little too close, and began…” I shuddered and shook my head.
            “That fuckin’ bast–” He cut off when he looked at me and gave a lame smile. “Never mind.”
            I looked at the door he escaped through, and thought; I don’t think he wants to be just my friend. I shivered again despite the sting in my hand and realized the friendship we had, had pretty much vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YES! I mean...aw...nah, YES! I honestly dislike Mattson for a while until he comes in again...later...he's actually REALLY important. OH, and NEW NEWS (haha) FLASH!

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR ANOTHER STORY, BUT DON'T KNOW IF i SHOULD POST IT. SHOULD i? It's much more relaxed than this one, and probablby a side thing. BUT TELL ME IF YOU'D LIKE THAT!! K?? K!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME, BYE! (I think I over did it with the caps...again...)