Chapter ~Twelve~

OKAY, WHAT THE HUMP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I didn't get ANY comments, votes, or even READS on chapter eleven!!!! I swear I almost committed suicide! You guys are mean! D; I mean, it really hurts my feelings! Yes, psychos have feelings too!

Well, I promised to have this chapter up, so here it is D: *tear* I guess no one likes this thing enough to comment, poke the vote, or stab the fan button.

Chapter twelve. If nothing happens to this story, I may just take it down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He made me stay overnight. I thought he was going too far and it was unnecessary but he insisted. Twice throughout the darkening afternoon, I caught him staring at me. He would look away and pretend he wasn’t. It really made me confused, and a bit self-conscious, but I tried my best to ignore it.
            He threw a bundle of oversize clothes at me. “Um, go take a shower.” I nodded but half way across the room he stopped me by the arm. He smirked and added, “Don’t fall this time.”
            Wouldn’t that be an interesting situation?
            I escaped the moment by rushing into the bathroom. I felt really weird. I pushed those feelings aside and hurried to get in and out of the shower. It felt nice– everything was nice here. Considering the standards I lived by, I was really setting the bar low. Speaking of which, the bill should go down since I haven’t been using any electricity back at the house. I smiled and pulled on Ryder’s shirt. It was way to big, but did nothing whatsoever to fool anyone of my thin frame. I left the bathroom, to find he wasn’t in the room.
             I threw the clothes I was using in the hamper by his dresser and laid back on the bed.
            I felt my eyes droop. How can I be tired? I slept so much! I couldn’t still be sick; I took actual medicine and ate actual meals, and had actual sleep. I had been actually cared for. I better not fall into this routine, otherwise it would be hard to start back with work.
            Mrs. Stevens smirking face lingered at the edge of mind…
            It’s decided then. Tomorrow, I’m going back to work.

.~*~. RYDER .~*~.

“Oh honey, I knew things were hard for him, I didn’t know it was like that!”
            I nodded silently on the other side of the phone. I called mom and informed her the basics about Nate. Huh, Nate. That’s cute. Wait, don’t get distracted.
            Apparently, she knew he lived alone and worked as much as he could pay off some bills and stuff. I told her a bit about the debt, and she got worked up. I didn’t tell her what the man did to Nathan before. She would blow up. Literally, explode.
            “You really like Nathan, don’t you?” She taunted on the other end. Seriously, sometimes she just doesn’t act her age. She knew about my sexual preference, and sometimes it got really annoying. “I knew you’d like him. That’s why I took you to that café in the first place–”
            “Wait, you were setting me up?” I asked in bewilderment. “Mom!” I knew she had a reason for taking me there, but not…
            “It’s okay, no need to thank me.”
            “Mom!” Then I lowered my voice. “Jeeze…how do you even know him?”
            “I do go to the café a lot, but I also knew his parents.”
            His parents? I felt my eyes grow heavy. “They died.”
            I heard her sigh. “Yeah. We were good friends. When his mother, Molly, died, I hadn’t known his father had grown abusive. Not until…”
            She trailed off. “Not until?”
            “Not until he decided to end both his and his sons life.”
            She knew about that too? Was I the only one that hadn’t known? “He told me about that.” I felt myself smile a bit. “He trusted me enough to show me his scars–including his wrists.”
            There was silence before a loud squeal erupted on the other end. “He trusts you! Okay, I better go now. Remember, use protection.”
            “Mom!”
            “Bye honey!”
            How can she say that? To her son?
            I ended the call and sighed, then laughed a little. I had the best mom in the world, though I’ll never admit it. I walked back to my room wondering if he was out of the shower yet. When I opened the door I found him curled up on the bed, breathing soundly.
            I thought of when I saw him at the café when I went with Jonah and Marcus. The way they insulted him, and he just took it, keeping his façade up so his job would be saved. He acted strong, but he was so vulnerable and…
            I shook my head. I turned and was about to head to my closet but tripped on my school bag. I swore as I hit the ground. Damn it…
            His eyes fluttered open and he sat up a bit. He looked drowsy and a little flushed.
            “Did…you just trip over a bag?”
            I rolled my eyes and got up. “Shut up.”
            He looked at me for a moment, and I got lost in his dark blue irises. God, he was so cute the way he looked at me. Oh great…he was turning me from bi to completely gay.
            “What?” I asked.
            He blushed deeply and shook his head, looking away. I felt a grin cross my face. I made him blush I thought with a singsong voice. A little girly, but what can I say?
            “What?” I asked again and walked over. The grin was full blown with amusement. I leaned closely and he jumped and blinked. He looked confused as he looked to the side, anywhere but my eyes. Hmm, I wonder what he was thinking.
            “Uh…” He mumbled.
            “Yes?”
            He opened then closed his mouth. He scooted a bit back and I sat at the edge. “What’s up?”
            “Nothing.” He stuttered. Nothing my ass.
            He seemed deep in thought, and completely confused. What could he be thinking? I knew he wasn’t going to tell me. He could be a good liar when he wanted to be, unless I’m paying attention.
            Nathan had a strong façade. He worked like his life depended on it. He went to school and toughed out through fevers and colds so he wouldn’t fall behind. But every month, it wouldn’t make a difference. He was turned and proven to be weak, and completely unable to do anything, against anyone.
            As I looked at him now, I felt my needs to hold him rise.
            For now on, I was going to protect him.
            I crawled over so he had no choice but to fall back, lying down under me. His face was a bright red, and I know it wasn’t because of a fever.
            I leaned down completely and gently pressed my lips against his.

.~*~. NATHAN .~*~.

What was he…why was he…what?

___

He pulled away. I could only stare wide-eyed. For a moment he stared back, before his face turned to utter shock.
            “Shit.” He gasped but he didn’t move. He stared at me, with his hair falling just past his face.
            I felt my face grow warm. My hands checked my cheeks, just to see if a fever was present. But it didn’t feel like a fever, not at all.
            “Ryder?” I whispered. He locked his eyes with my own. I opened my mouth to speak but shut it quickly. I was confused about a lot of things at the moment, but one thing was for sure.
            That kiss? Wasn’t all that bad.
            My hand covered my mouth and I looked away embarrassed. He just kissed me. Ryder just kissed me.
            “I–I didn’t…I mean, uh…” He stuttered. He ran a hand through his hair. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t…I couldn’t help it. You just…”
            He shut up before he could say anything stupid. He was silent as he sorted his thoughts, and I wondered what he was thinking when a smile appeared on his lips.
            “Do you mind?” I asked quietly. He rushed to move away so he wasn’t directly on top of me.
            Okay, think Nathan. Ryder just…kissed you. What was I supposed to think? What was I supposed to say? The warmth it brought and the strange feathery sensation it gave was nothing like I’ve ever felt before. But why was it Ryder that was giving me these feelings?
            It felt right. I looked at him nervously, wondering again what he was thinking. He stared back as if I would be the first one to break the silence.
            He cleared his throat. “So…uh, we should be getting to sleep.” He looked anywhere but my face.
            What, was he going to pretend like that didn’t happen?
            I felt a litter hurt when I thought this. Maybe he didn’t like it, or I had done something wrong.
            Wait, why was I disappointed? I shouldn’t be. Ryder just made a mistake. HE was confused and distracted with whatever he was thinking, and made a small mistake. Great, maybe I actually was gay, or bi, considering I haven’t looked at a girl that way either. But if I was, wouldn’t I be proving Jonah and Marcus correct?
            That I’m a f…
            Wow, I can’t even think that word.
            Ryder pulled off his shirt. I felt my eyes grow slightly wider. Why couldn’t I have even a bit of muscle? I felt relieved knowing he was keeping his baggy shorts on as he flipped off the light and climbed into bed.
            Bed?
            Well, I guess we did share the bed last night. This was nothing. Absolutely nothing…
            Again, why did I feel disappointed?
            No! I wasn’t disappointed!
            He faced away, to one wall, and I faced the other.
            “About…what just happened,” He whispered quietly. I stayed still, but my heart decided to pick up the pace. “I’m sorry.”
            He was apologizing? Did that mean it was a mistake?
            I felt the breath I had been holding leave my lungs and my eyelids drooped. Of course it was a mistake. Who in their right mind would like me, the messed up kid with no family, no friends, but complete with tons of scars?
            “But I don’t regret it. Good night Nathan.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw, cute, yeh?

THEN TELL MEH WHATCHA THINK!!!!! IS IT TOO HARD TO VOTE?! I MEAN, YOU READ IT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

COMMENT TOO! I WANNA KNOW ALL THE MISTAKES MY EDITOR MISSED!

Oh, and just to tell me SOMEONE read, please go back to Chapter 11 and just comment "CITY". PWEASE?!?! I promise I wont commit suicide this year...

OH YA! NEW STORY! Listen, Don't Touch! It's a waste of time, so I hope you like it!

bi bi!