21

This morning I woke up to my alarm blaring which I wasn't used to because of Christmas break. Once I worked up the energy to turn it off and sit up I randomly started getting another headache. I groaned, and walked to the bathroom to get some ibuprofen.

The two pills slide down my throat quickly when I take a drink of water with them. I carry on with my usual morning routine after that. After eating breakfast it's 7:15, so I start to walk out of the house. Alex isn't around, so I just figured he still needed some space. A wild Dan and Phil appeared after I was walking for a couple minutes. We talked about how we spent our New Years Eves for the most part.

Surprisingly, we got to school a bit early, so Dan and Phil came to my locker to talk some more. Other kids were scattered throughout the hall as Phil talked about his new houseplant, but a flash of blue and green caught my eye. It was Lilith.

She looked over at me smiling and waved, but continued walking. I did the same back to her, and that must have confused Dan and Phil because they looked at me like I was crazy. Dan looked behind him to see Lilith going down the hall and immediately looked mad.

"Hey, Lilith. What do you think you're doing exactly?" He loudly asked so she could hear. Lilith stopped after he spoke, and started walking back towards us. She had a sweet smile on her face.

"I did a simple, nonverbal greeting to say hello to Jessie." Lilith wrapped an arm around my shoulder, but I think it was just to piss Dan off. Phil didn't look mad, just nervous or maybe scared.

"I don't think Jessie wants to be near you after what has happened." Dan spoke calmly, but you could still tell he was irked by his facial expression. Suddenly I started getting dizzy. Nobody noticed though because I was already leaning on the lockers.

"What do you mean? She texted me a couple days after Christmas wondering what happened. I gladly told her, and we rekindled our relationship again, right?" Lilith looked at me, and I slightly smiled while nodding.

There was some pretty awkward silence after that which made me feel bad.

"So, does anyone know if Alex is coming to school today?" My voice sounded dull for some reason.

"Why wouldn't he?" Lilith asked.

"Uh his grandpa just-" Dan cut me off, clearly annoyed with Lilith.

"It's none of your business, okay?" He glared at her, and she did it right back.

"Look I don't know what your problem with me is, but actually tone down the bitchy attitude. I get you're trying to be gay so you don't hurt Phil's feelings, but it's pretty annoying." Lilith remarked. This set Dan off the edge.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" He took a step closer to Lilith.

"Get the fuck away from us right now." She simply just smirked at him.

"You can't keep me away from my girlfriend, Daniel." Before I could even react Lilith kissed me. Right in the hallway in front of everyone. I push her away then look at Dan and Phil. I hear Lilith giggle then walk away. I can't believe her.

"It's not true I swear. I love Alex. I barely remember her." Those sentences keep spewing from my mouth and I couldn't stop until I felt someone hug me. It was Phil.

"I believe you Jess," He let go of me, "just stay away from her so we can fix this, okay?".

"Yeah. I'm sorry I should've listened to you guys.." My gaze just went to my feet and stayed there.