Chapter [16]

I was back in LA to take care of some business before I decided to make a life with my soulmate

I was back in LA to take care of some business before I decided to make a life with my soulmate. I turned the keys in my door and opened it. I went upstairs to where I knew Jazmine would be. When I opened the door, I seen her naked on the bed FaceTiming with some guy. She didn't notice me standing there so I made my presence known.

"I think you should ask him if you could live with him because I made the choice to not be with you no more." I said. She repeatedly tapped the end button on the phone and wrapped herself in the sheets. When she got up to give me some played out excuse I just shook my head and put my hand up. "I don't want to argue and I don't want to be in this toxic relationship no more. I've been thinking and my mind is made up, I only stayed with you because I was too afraid I'd hurt Kanani. I ended up hurting her anyways by being with you. I wanna grow to be a better man to the woman I'm really in love with. That woman isn't you." I said. She was starting to get mad, but I didn't care.

"So you trynna say that bitch is better than me?!" She yelled. I chuckled and said "Yes, that WOMAN is better than you. I love her and the first step to doing right by her is getting rid of a pest. So you have a half an hour to get your stuff and get up out of here. I already called a lock smith over to change the locks and Big T will show you out. It's over Jasmine." Walking away I grabbed some of my clothes from my other room and re-packed them in my suitcase.
As long as Kanani stays in New York, I'll also stay in New York. My home is where she's at.

Just as I was going out the door I got a phone call from Kanani's mother Georgia. I picked up the phone and said  "Hey mommma ho-"

"August you need to get here quick. Kanani's in trouble." Is all she said before I told her I'd be on my way. I threw everything in the car and told my driver to go as fast as he could. We made it to the airport quick enough to get straight on my flight.

The flight was long and I could only think about what was happening with my babeh. If anybody hurt her I'd kill them and that was a promise.

Knocking on their door I waited patiently for someone to answer. Charles, Kanani's father, answered the door and stepped aside so I could walk in. I was going to charge straight to the back until he grabbed me by my shoulder. He escorted me to the kitchen and sat me down at the island. Looking me dead in my eyes he asked me a simple question "Why did you come here?" No matter how intimidating Mr.Charles was or how "simple" the question was I knew he wanted to know where I was going from here with his daughter. "I-"

"Before I even let you back there Youngin' I need to know not only where your mind and heart is at, but where your soul is at. My daughter is precious to me and the war we about to get into is something that I don't need no punk coming in half assed. You know that because I told you that from jump, so imma ask you again and don't give me no bullshit. Why you here?" I didn't think and I just let my emotions talk for me. All this thinking and stalling did was just make things worse for me so Imm speak from my soul.

"I'm in love with Kanani, I'm not going to make excuses because what happened, happened already. What matter now is how I'm here ready to go to hell and back for the woman I love. Whether me and Kanani is together or not I'll always fight for her and with her whenever someone steps out of line. So no disrespect Mr.Charles whether you approve of me or not I'm gonna whoop some ass for that woman back there because I'll be damn if anyone put fear in her heart besides God." I said as I stood up. His jaw clenched and I was ready for him to whoop my ass, but instead he pulled me in for a hug and said "Go be a man."

I walked to Kanani's room and swung open the door as I saw her crying on Ms.Georgia's shoulder. She looked up and as soon as she saw me she ran towards me, wrapping her arms around my neck. She was shaking badly and I've honestly never seen her this scared. Her mother left out of the room closing he door behind us. I picked her up and laid her on the bed, her head laying lightly on my chest as she continued to cry. I didn't utter a word, I just laid there rubbing her head. I wasn't in a rush to find out who made her like this, I'll wait until she's calmed down and then I know she'll tell me.

"He's going to kill me August." She muttered after five minutes of silence. I continued stroking her head before answering "He ain't gonna touch na' one hair on your head, I promise you that..." she was quiet as she clung to me tighter. "Don't worry about a thing, just stay close to me and me and ya family got this." She nodded her head. Whoever this nigga was, he had to have damaged her deeply because Kanani was tough, and it's not like she didn't know how to fight. Either way I wasn't taking no chances so I knew I would have to make some calls to get this shit under control. Looks like Yungin' is coming back.