Chapter [14]

Kanani is in her room sitting in front of a paint smeared canvas. She has been home for almost two weeks now and things for her have been serene for the time she's stayed. She's turned the guest room into an art studio to release stress. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that her friends have called her repeatedly and some of them even visited her. They never tried to force her back, only gave her the needed amount of time that was requested. On the canvas there are a series of colors such as browns, golds, blues, reds and oranges. She was painting a representation of black women being the queens they were but also the misogyny that they have to endure.

Her father Carlos walks in and stands behind her before speaking. "Wow look at that talent. Your art is just like your mothers." He said to her. She smiled at him before replying, "Yea mom's paintings are beautiful. She always told me you kept her motivated in continuing her art..." She says pausing before continuing. "I hope to find someone who loves me that much." Carlos is silent before answering "You have, but it's just not the right timing for you two as of right now."'

She shook her head no. She loved her father but she felt like he was just trying to give her false hope on a man that would never choose her. That actually didn't choose her. "We love you being here, but you know you'll have to go back to LA. It's not safe for you here and I only let you go so you could get away from him and have protection.  The last thing we want is for him to find you and hurt you again." Her father said. She nodded her head as tears began falling from her beautiful brown eyes. Carlos wrapped his arms around his daughter's small frame. She cried loudly into his chest. In between sobs she would say "He h... hurt me so much. I wanna go back, but I'm scared."

"Honeybun don't be scared." Her mother said waking in.  They all took a seat on the edge of the bed, Kanani being in the middle. Her momma wrapped her arms around Kanani and used one hand to caress her head.

"I never told you this before, but even though your father kept me motivated to continue painting, we weren't always the best of friends" Her mother Georgia began "When me and your father first began talking I thought he was the sweetest person I've ever met and he knew that chivalry was not dead. He took me in a few dates and I thought everything was going great, until one day he just stopped talking to me." Kanani looked shocked and then her father shook his head. "Yea I had stopped talking to your mother because at the moment I was still involved with a crazy ex girlfriend. I really liked your mother at the time, but in order not to get her involved in my mess I stepped away."

"Yea your ass stepped away and didn't talk to me for months. I wasn't phased by it, but before I went on with my own business I popped up at his crib unannounced and made sure to pop him in his face one good time." She said. Carlos laughed and said "Yea, you punched me so hard I stumbled." Everyone laughed as they reminisced on their past. Kanani stopped laughing and said "So daddy was similar to August?"

"Yea, I was extremely similar to Youngin', that's why I chose him to protect you. I see a lot of myself in August. He's just a young knuckle head that's confused-"

"And a coward." Georgia chimed in. Nodding her head Kanani spoke up "I'm in love with him, I don't know what to do yet. I know I have to go back because I'd rather deal with August than to be abused again by him."

"Two weeks, we'll give you two more weeks before we have to send you back to Cali." Carlos said. Kanani agreed and they hugged it out. She knew she'd have to change her bad outcome to get a good income.

Unknown POV

I know she's home, and once she lets her guard down imma get my bitch back. I'm chillin in my truck smoking a blunt. I began groaning as I thought about Kanani giving me head. Holding onto the girl's head as she bobbed up and down on my dick. "Fuck Kanani go deeper." I moaned. The girl managed to get up and say "Kanani? Who the fuck is Kanani and why are you calling that bitches name?" I looked at her nonchalant. Blowing smoke out of my mouth I took the blunt and pressed it roughly onto her eyelid.

The young girl screamed loudly, kicking and punching just to get out of his strong grasp. He let her go, but the terror didn't stop there as he continuously punched her. "Get the fuck up out of my car bitch before I slit your throat." The young girl rushed out of the car, but not before he took a good wad of spit and hawked it on her.

He got mad when anybody ever brought up Kanani. He didn't want people questioning anything that was his so he felt like the girl deserved it. Before taking one last look at her bedroom window, he sped off and headed to him apartment complex. He parked his car and headed up the elevator to his floor. He didn't even put the keys in the door before his fiancé opened the door. She had one hand on her hip and another around a three year old boy. He huffed before pushing past her.

"Where have you been?!" She yelled. He ignored her before going in the fridge to get a beer. The woman went to put the toddler down in his room before going back into the living room where he was sitting at. She stood in front of the TV blocking his view. "Didn't I ask you a question?!" She yelled again. He still ignored her, but only this time he pushed her out of the way. She looked at him like he was crazy before saying "Oh, you must've found that hoe again? If you think about cheating on me with that bitch I'll kill you and her." She said before walking away. As her back was turned, she didn't notice as he came up behind her and put her in a choke hold. "You gone kill who? Bitch I do what I want, when I want and ain't no one gonna stop me from getting mine." He muttered in her ear. Her eyes began to tear as she clawed at his forearms. He pushed her on the floor and she began coughing. "Now go in there and cook me some fucking food, I'm hungry." He went in the back slamming the door therefore making the baby cry. She sat on the floor crying as she thought about how things changed so much.

Please vote, and COMMENT to let me know what you think. Also follow and share to know when I update ! See y'all on Sunday.