Prologue

It was like any other normal day. 

I got up for breakfast at the hotel. Dad swore at me for having my piercings in around his bandmates and I laughed. 

I always went against his better judgement. I do not regret my tattoo though, that he has yet to find out about. 

I also have a little bit of an issue with cursing. I’m like a sailor when it comes to it and though my dad gets on to me, he can’t really say anything. After all, I learned from the best,right?

Ok. Time to answer the question. I’m sure your all wondering by now. 

My dad is Chris Martin. He’s the frontman for the band Coldplay. And right now we are touring North America for his Mylo Xyloto album.

My dad has taught me a lot of things, but one thing he tries to steer clear of with me is topics about love.

My mom left when I was only 3 days old. So that left my dad, who was 18, with a newborn child to tend to, all on his own. 

Of course, I was that 8 year old groupie touring with him when their first album came out. I was such a proud daughter. 

Luckily enough, Gwenyth came into his life before he had to talk to me about “girl” stuff, he would say. 

Even though she isn’t my real mom, she’s always acted like it. And I’ve completely went with it. She’s always been my mom and forever will be.

Apple and Moses are my half brother and sister, but I like to think differently. And Gwenyth calls me their sister anyways. 

I love my dad. Don’t get me wrong. We’ve had arguments. Like when I got my belly pierced at 13, which I still have it in to this day. You see who wins the arguments, right? 

But this story isn’t about me and my father.

It’s about how I found my first love. Yeah, yeah. I know, it sounds really gooey and stupid. But this one is sort of funny, I guess. How it happened and all. Love is a strange thing.