Chapter Eleven

"It's been one heck of a night." I walked up behind Renesmee and whispered in her ear. I put my arms around her and she sighed happily in my arms. Behind us, the party was still going strong but we were alone on the balcony. The back room had French doors which led onto the wooden balcony. There were stairs leading down from the balcony to the back garden. The garden was quiet.

"It sure has." I moved my head sideways slightly so I could look at Renesmee. Nessie was smiling, her eyes closed. A gentle breeze swept over us. It felt nice.

"Have you enjoyed yourself?"

"Yes. It's been a good night." We didn't talk for a little while then. We just stayed like that. Eventually, we could hear that people had started to leave.

"Should we go say goodnight to them?" Nessie shook her head. She wriggled out of my arms and started to walk back towards the stairs. She held her hand out to me.

"Walk with me?" I nodded and reached out to take her hand. She linked our fingers and we walked down the balcony steps and into the back garden. The light faded as we walked further into the trees.

"Are you cold?" She shook her hand but I took off my jacket anyway. She smiled as I held it out for her to slide her arms in.

"I love your smell." She murmured, sniffing my jacket. I smiled and linked our fingers again.

"We shouldn't go too far." I frowned as I remembered the lateness of the night.

"Here is far enough." She stopped and pulled me to a stop with her. She then spun me around to face her.

"What's going on?" I felt confused by the expression on her face. It was a mix of emotions that I could barely recognise. I recognised a few. Fear, nerves.

"I just wanted to try something..." She looked up into my face. I looked down at her, my own worry curling in the bottom of my stomach.

"Nessie... Don't..."

"Shut up, Jacob. It's my life. I can do what I want." She stood on her tiptoes, wrapping her arms around my neck to pull me down to her height. I didn't know whether or not to resist. On one hand, she wanted me. I wanted to make her happy and if this made her happy... Then why not? But on the other hand, what if she was rushing into it? I didn't want her to rush anything. We had plenty of time!

"Renesmee... Stop." Her lips were inches away from mine.

"Why?" She whispered.

"Because this isn't what you want."

"Yes, it is." She placed her hand on my cheek, showing me a blurry imaginative picture of me and her kissing. I liked the image and part of me craved for it. But another part of me had to remember that this wasn't what she wanted. At least, I didn't believe she wanted it. Not yet. Not for the right reasons.

"No Renesmee. No, it's not."

"Please Jacob..." She tried to pull my face down to hers again but her lips only managed to touch my throat. She kissed along my neck anyway. Each kiss was like an electric shock running through my body. It wasn't unpleasant in the slightest. However, that just made it harder to pull away.

"Nessie, stop this..." I groaned.

"You know you don't want me to stop."

"I know what you're doing and it's not going to work..."

"Oh for crying out loud!" She let go of me and stormed off. I followed her and grabbed her hand.

"Renesmee, stop!" I pulled her back to me and her body was against mine. I put my hand against the right side of her face, still holding on to her hand and kissed her. I felt frustrated and that leaked into the way my lips moved. Her lips didn't respond for a half second then she was kissing me back. Suddenly the whole situation changed. I was no longer angry. I was kissing Renesmee and she was kissing me and it was magical. I moved to put my hands on her waist, pulling her close. She moved her hands around my neck, pulling me close too. Everything was her. I could feel her warmth everywhere. It was perfect...

We broke apart to catch our breath. I rested my forehead against hers. She was gasping for air like me.

"That was... Something." I murmured.

"That was amazing..." She whispered back. I smiled into the darkness. "I think I love you, Jake..." My eyes opened wide and I pulled back to look at her. She opened her own eyes to look at me. I was lost in her warm eyes.

"I think I love you too, Nessie..." She pulled me back in and we kissed again.