Chapter Ten

On the tenth of September, Renesmee was thrown a surprise birthday party. All her human friends had been invited and Alice had gone all out. The decorations were pink and gold with pink confetti sprinkled on every floor, golden coloured tinsel wrapped around the balcony both outside and inside. Pink and golden streamers were draped over the walls and banners screaming 'Happy Sixteenth'. Alice had a glitter ball in the front room and purple, green and blue lights in both the back and front room. The kitchen table and counters were clothed with a white cloth and covered in bowls and dishes of snacks. Renesmee wore a new black dress that Alice had bought for her earlier, a charm bracelet Bella had given her and lace black wrist gloves from Rosalie. She had also got a collection of classic novels from Carlisle, perfume from Jasper, a new modern cell phone from Emmett, a new photo album from Esme and a new set of headphones from Edward. I had taken extra special care and thought into a present for Renesmee. I had finally settled on a necklace which was a silver chain with a butterfly hung on it. The butterfly was made of proper diamonds and it looked really pretty. Nessie was wearing it today. Everyone was talking and laughing, dancing to the pumping rhythmic music. Towards the end of the night, Esme and Alice carried a cake into the room. The cake was a chocolate sponge with pink frosting and three tiers. There were pink icing roses on it and candles on all three tiers. Everyone sang happy birthday and Nessie blew out the candles while Rosalie and Bella took pictures to document the moment. Everyone (Edward, Bella and Carlisle did but not the rest of the Cullens) had a slice, coming back for seconds or thirds. The room was packed with friends and the family. It was a night to remember.