xv. interrogating yura

Time drawled on until the Saito kids were finally able to drag a struggling Yura down towards the direction of the basement and into a chamber crafted for the use of interrogations

They chained her to a stone wall, taking turns to drill her arms into it with large steel nails, making sure the girl's feet didn't touch the cold ground.

Yura's sobs came out muffled through the tape latched over her mouth, her numb arms painfully aching, losing all feeling but the torturous agony that was left behind.

"Oof," Shiro, the now-introduced youngest child of Risa, wiped away the forming sweat on his forehead, taking a couple of steps back from Yura.

"Come on, little brother," Chiyoko swung an arm around the male's shoulders. "How are you already sweating? It was merely the beginning, you know."

Shiro shrugged.

"It's been too long since I've done this," he responded with a frown. "While nee-sans were getting training from father, I was busy studying with mother."

"Aye, mom gave you a chance now," Misaki grinned. "It'll be so much fun. Trust us."

"I don't doubt you for a second," Shiro replied, keeping his face composed in relaxation.

The metal door to the underground chambers creaked open and Risa entered the room with a smile. Nanami walked behind her mother, holding a large first-aid kit in her hands.

"Ooh~" Risa clapped her hands at the sight of Yura. "How magnificent~ Simply beautiful~"

"Right?" Chiyoko beamed. "By the way, what's with the medical kit Nanami has?"

"We'll treat this vermin's wounds once we're done with her," Risa started. "I plan to leave her alive for your father and brothers."

Hana chuckled. "How thoughtful of you to do that, mother. Kousuke's gonna need this girl to vent his anger out on~"

Nanami added, "And with how stressed father and nii-sans are, I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy this too."

Shiro nodded. "Simply a wondrous idea, mother," he complimented.

Misaki pursed her lips, not knowing what to say except ask, "How's [Name]?"

Risa pursed her lips, noting how her oldest daughter's question brought down the joyous atmosphere depressingly.

"We got her to go to sleep but when you compare this to that knife incident, she is likely to be scarred by this event. I mean, even though she was gravely injured with that stab wound, [Name] nearly suffocated."