vii. act

The second you stepped foot inside the luxurious mansion Kousuke lived in, your body was slammed against the entrance doorway that was just recently closed

The Emperor snaked his arm around your waist, bringing you closer to him as he kept his other hand on the door past your head. Just as his lips were about to press onto yours, you instinctively covered your mouth with the back of your hand.

Kousuke sent you a confused look that honestly made his appearance more puppy-like.

"You said I could have your body," the male growled, his tone impatient and needy.

"Yes, I know," you nervously chuckled, "but I forgot to brush my teeth." It was true, though. With all the morning commotion, you didn't even get a chance to shower or brush your teeth like a normal person.

Silence passed between you two before Kousuke grinned the kind of smile that wasn't mischievous nor sadistic; rather a smile that seemed to be more on the amused side.

"Fine," he lets you go, the lost of contact making both of you feel empty without the other's heat.

You mentally gave yourself a slap on the face, shaking away the craving feeling your body seemed to have grown because of the Emperor. It was only two days that you knew him, and he already had a huge impact on you.

No wonder he was so popular amongst the students of Tanren Academy.

Kousuke motioned his head to the grand staircase behind him. While it started off as one set, it seemed to have gradually grown until it was split to the sides, leading to a pair of majestic hallways with dark trimmed railings.

"Come with me," the Emperor turned his back on you, pacing to the stairway with ease. You trailed after him, instantly stopping before the stairs.

"Princess," Kousuke looked at you for a second. His eyes trailed down to your injured feet and, knowing how tired you must be after running so much, he sighed, stepping down the stairs that he climbed ever so easily.

When he paused in front of you, the male proceeded to bend down, turning around so his back faced you. You whispered an apology before placing your hand on his shoulders and squatting down.

Kousuke stood up, carrying you effortlessly on his back.

"I'm sorry," you repeated as the male began to mount the steps. "I'm heavy, aren't I?"

"Your definition of heavy must be different from my definition of heavy if you say that," Kousuke replied. "You're light, and that's final."

You didn't know if that was a compliment or not, so you stayed silent, studying the rich view around you.

The Emperor, meanwhile, made his way to the top of the stairs and turned to his left, strolling down the beautifully decorated hallway.

After a few turns, and you wondering how large his mansion was on your behalf, the two of you stopped in front of a gorgeously carved door isolated from the halls.