v. comrade

The plans you had for the first day of school vanished the minute you got involved with the game Tanren Academy hosted

The plans you had for the first day of school vanished the minute you got involved with the game Tanren Academy hosted. You felt broken—completely and utterly used. Every ounce of life inside you vanquished with the little human emotions you had left; a fleeting moment that made you frowned.

You traced your fingers over your brutally attacked lips, the warmth it gave off nearly making you sob.

Why did it have to happen to you? You were nothing special; just an ordinary girl with an average life. . . so why was Saito Kousuke so attracted to you?

Brushing off the thoughts, you opened the door to your shared dorm room, mentally awaiting for your roommate, Momo, to attack you.

But the attack never came.

Instead, you were met with the sight of the pretty blonde female reading off her phone as she sat on her desk chair.

"Oh, [Name]-chan!" Momo looked away from the glowing device, giving you a friendly smile. "Are you also skipping afternoon classes?"

"Uh, yeah," you replied, taking off your school blazer, proceeding to throw it inside the open closet on your side of the dorm room. You sat on your bed, stepping out of your shoes and dragging down your socks.

"I heard about what happened," Momo brought up, curling her plump lips. "Is it true? The rumors, I mean."

You looked down. "My answer depends on what you're talking about," you responded.

"You and I both know what I'm talking about," Momo stood up, stretching her limbs. "There's only one major incident that happened today, and it was the one you were supposedly involved in."

You gulped, hesitantly saying, "It's true, then; I was involved in it." If Momo was going to screech at you like any normal fangirl of Kousuke's, you might as well get it over with, was what you were thinking.

"Are you okay?"

However, it was your roommate's reply that made your head shot up to look at Momo; the girl who was watching your actions with pure worry in her amber-hued irises. She sat down next to you, maintaining eye contact.

"Are you okay?" Momo repeated carefully. "I know I'm in no place to ask you that, but the atmosphere around you was just. . . sad. It kind of worried me, honestly."

"Ah," you held back a sob, "yes, I'm fine. Um, thanks for asking."

"No problem," your roommate smiled.