xii. mother and sisters

Ever so slowly did your eyes flutter open, a fleeting sign that you had awoken from the deep slumber you were put in

Ever so slowly did your eyes flutter open, a fleeting sign that you had awoken from the deep slumber you were put in. With a groan, you sat up, a wince immediately hissed by your mouth when the wound from your abdomen alerted you it was there.

You bit your lips upon remembering what had happened with Momo, the very first friend you ever gained from Tanren Academy. She had stabbed you with 'no regrets' and almost murdered you if it weren't for Kousuke.

"Kill Matsuo Momo."

A tear, as quick as it came, was wiped off by your fingers. You clenched your jaws.

That's right.

Momo is dead, courtesy of the Emperor's command, and you can't do anything about it. She tried to kill you but only got killed in return.

You would've been in her place, but fate had other plans for your life.

You sighed longingly, closing your eyelids for a brief moment before opening them again.

It wasn't until you raised your head did you realize that you weren't in your dorm nor Kousuke's chambers.

You were in a bedroom that practically screamed royalty.

Walls of the finest nude coloration were plastered around the luxurious room, embroidered rose gold patterns of leaves swirling on it. From the ceiling hung a small chandelier, white gems dangling down beautifully, shining from the sunlight that complimented its surface.

The bed you were seated on was a four-poster one with thin blossom curtains that were tied to the white vertical columns, showcasing the rest of the room.

Extravagant peach-hued sheets laid over your lap, the silky mattress running until it hit the large fluffy carpet resting under the bed but on top of an ash gray vinyl flooring.

A cotton-colored nightstand was next to the bed with a falling stars table lamp on it, and despite being off, the lamp glowed due to the sunlight that reflected off of it, twinkling along with the chandelier.

Crepe-hued couches surrounded a clean glass table that stood in the center. A large TV, punctured in the wall, was located a good couple of inches away, a counter filled with books and magazines just under it.

There were some windows with curtains of decorated sheets plastered on the walls, one of the windows being a double-door that led to a small balcony.

In a way, you were completely awestruck by how deluxe the unknown chambers looked. It was like a modern room combined with the life of royalty all in one.

The door to the bedroom opened and your body stiffened. But when you saw who walked in, your jaws dropped.

An alluring woman strode into the room, straight locks of obsidian tied into a bun with strands flowing down the side of her face. Her strikingly piercing azure irises glowed vividly, the blue shade complimenting her fair skin tone. Her long legs showed through the white knee-length off-shoulder dress she wore, the clothing endorsing her curves magnificently.