xi. momo

You gazed out the glass-paned window, swinging your legs back and forth as it hung off the infirmary bed, stopping an inch just before the tile-flooring

You were donned in Kousuke's black shirt and sports shorts that laid a couple of inches above your knee, thankfully wearing proper undergarments that were handed to you by Suzume.

An exhale escaped your mouth in the form of a sigh, and you hopped off the bed, stretching your aching limbs.

"[Name]?" When your name left the lips of someone, preferably someone you knew, you turned around, eyes landing sight on your roommate.

"Momo!" you beamed, a smile immediately adorning your lips. You paced over to the girl, throwing your arms around her in an embrace.

"Oh, [Name]," the happy expression on your face fell upon hearing how crestfallen Momo sounded, and you pulled back, shock filling you at the sight of your roommate.

Tears were streaming down the female's cheeks, sobs that she was holding in instantly flowing out of her. She tried to form words but that only resulted in her stuttering to explain something to you.

"Momo?" your brows furrowed. "Hey, w-what's wrong? W-why are you crying?"

"[Name], [Name], [Name]," Momo's voice cracked, giving out due to her uncontrollable crying. She clenched your shoulder with one hand, the other hiding behind her back as she wept like there's no tomorrow.

"Take a deep breath, okay?" you slowly guided her. "A-and calm down."

The female shook her head, whimpering out, "I'm s-sorry, [Name]. I'm so sorry!"

"What're you so sorry about?" you inquired, narrowing your eyes.

Momo didn't answer but instead chose to pull you into a random hug, amber-hued orbs going dull as the final sob left her lips.

"I'm so sorry."

A throb of agony expanded from your abdomen, traveling throughout your body, setting your mind off in a torturous frenzy.

An inaudible gasp escaped your lips, and you stepped back, pushing Momo away.

Your eyes glanced downwards to your stomach, red being the first thing that filled your sight, scarlet staining Kousuke's shirt. Your heart pounded against your chest, threatening to jump out because of the tormenting pain.

A knife was stabbed through you.

"Ah," a tear fell loose from your eyelids.