xiii. a dangerous deal

"What did your parents say?" asked Misaki, strolling into the room with a stiff smile

"What did your parents say?" asked Misaki, strolling into the room with a stiff smile. Her sisters trailed after her, just as nervous as she was, the atmosphere around them practically screaming stressed.

You grinned. "They were reluctant but after much persuasion from my part, they agreed to let me stay with you guys!"

"Yay!" Chiyoko cheered, clapping her hands. Nanami's azure eyes twinkled bright, a shy smile playing on her lips.

"As much as I enjoy hearing that," Hana started with a sad expression, "I honestly can't help it but frown."

"Uh, why?" Misaki questioned her sister.

Hana pursed her lips as she took a seat on the chair Risa had sat on.

"Mother just informed Kousuke of [Name]'s situation and, since the call was on speaker, I accidentally overheard him saying he was returning with father and our brothers," the female explained.

Chiyoko grimaced, catching on to what her sister was getting at.

"You're worried about girls night being canceled, aren't you?"

Hana nodded. "We all know Kousuke to be pretty possessive of [Name] as seen in the past few days with him constantly calling to check on her condition, but if his worrying is to the point he doesn't let her out of his sight, how can we bond with our future sister-in-law?"

Misaki sighed. "Mother will figure something out. Maybe she can persuade him to give her up for just one night? I honestly don't know."

You raised your hand.

"What if I were to talk to Kousuke?" you inquired. "He would probably listen to me right?"

Chiyoko snapped her fingers. "Of course!" she exclaimed. "Since he cares for [Name]'s happiness, there's a highly likely chance he'll accept our conditions!"

"What conditions?"

The sudden appearance of a new voice made every girl jolt in their spots. You turned your head towards the direction of the familiar voice, and a gentle smile adorned your lips at the sight of the handsome male.

"Kousuke," you called him out.

Relief washed over the said male's expression when he took notice of your healthy complex, but he frowned in response to his grinning sisters.

Kousuke swung the door wide open. "Leave," he ordered.

A giggle left the lips of Chiyoko as she left the room alongside Nanami, both giving you a teasing wink.

Misaki chuckled, patting her brother's shoulders before exiting the room as well, Hana trailing behind as she mouthed to you:

"The walls are soundproof."

Red and pink painted your face, coloring your skin tone in a blushing dust. You stood up on instincts just as Kousuke closed the door shut, locking it behind him.