Chapter 25

"A Date"

Samantha’s POV:

            I was on my way to the mall. Ryder’s skateboard had come in a week early and the guy had called me to come pick it up. I was super excited. I pulled into the mall parking lot and hopped out of my car. I walked into the mall and quickly went to the escalator. When I was on the second floor I made my way to the store and walked in. It was empty so I made my way to the desk.

            “Hello,” I called out.

            “Hey,” the guy said as he came out of a room in the back.

            “My board is in,” I said.

            “Yeah. Let me get it,” he said as he walked back into the room. A minute later he came back out and handed it to me. I tore the paper off and flipped it over to see what it looked like.

            “It’s perfect,” I exclaimed as I ran my hand over it.

            “I’m glad you’re happy with it,” he said with a smile. “It must be some friend that you have though.”

            “He is,” I said with a smile. Then I grabbed the board and tucked it under my arm. “See ya around.”

            “See ya,” he said back as I walked out the door and went back down to the parking lot. I jumped in my car and headed back to my house. When I pulled into my driveway I saw Ryder’s truck in my driveway. I saw him climb out of it and walk over to where I was standing.

            “What are you doing here,” I asked.

            “I’m here to take you on a date,” he said with a smile.

            “Really,” I asked surprised.

            “Yup. So go get ready,” he said.

            “Wait. I got you something,” I said as I reached back in the car. I pulled out the board and handed it to him. I saw shock go over his face as he looked it over.

            “You bought me this,” he asked quietly.

            “I had to have it customized but yeah,” I said shrugging.

            “I can’t believe you did this,” he said as he put it on the car and hugged me tight to his chest.

            “It’s just a present,” I said feeling a little bit embarrassed.

            “Yeah but it’s an amazing present,” he whispered in my ear. “How much did it cost?”

            “I’m not gonna tell you that,” I said as I pulled back.

            “Was it expensive,” he asked.

            “Don’t worry about it,” I told him.

            “Whatever you say,” he said after a minute.

            “You can come inside. I’m gonna change and then we can go,” I said as I grabbed his hand to drag him inside.